Mille Cochin Info

droolin.gif

How about this one? I think she has good color and type. ?

Last edited:
How about this one? I think she has good color and type. ?

I don't chime in on this thread often even though I do read it religiously, but this hen has what I consider the correct pattern. Well done, Stephanie. I think though I have never seen a rooster of the correct coloring yet. I have seen a few hens that came very close but so far no roosters. I have seen some gorgeous roosters with beautiful coloring but not one that looks like the pattern on a MF D'uccle. I wonder if we ever will see one as close to the pattern as this hen is.

Rooster........

I sold him. His type was not good enough for my breeding pens. I expect my roos to be awesome, not questionable.
Amy- He is a nicely colored rooster. I recently bought one in a pen of MF and gave him away him the next day. He too had coloring similiar to this one but he had smutty neck feathers in there too. His type was not even as good as this one. I had to buy the whole pen just to get the 6 hens (which were all pretty nice) and a couple of roosters I kept. One of which I would part with also. The 4 other roosters I gave away. I told the new owners that they were just eye candy, did not mention that they were project roos. I also had to buy her pen of black mottleds, 3 hens and a rooster. That was no hardship believe me. They are gorgeous. I lost one hen (she was the tiniest little cochin hen I've ever seen, but wonderful type) but the other three are fabulous. The only drawback there is she did not know the breeding of any of them. Also the rooster is THE MEANEST rooster I've ever had.I would like to wring his neck but he is the only mottled roo I have. He is in a wire cage by himself. I feed and water him from outside the cage so I don't have to stick my hands in there, as he attacks the side of the cage just when I just walk past. I don't know what I will do with any of them as I don't have time to be shipping chicks but I wanted to have some anyway. I had bought a starting from Shylee at one time and hatched a few eggs but I for one reason or another had lost all of those. The mottleds I am going to try to hatch some more of in the fall. Just to build up my flock of them.

Amy- I don't know if you remember me or not but I haven't forgotten about our conversation about the runner eggs and I still want some but right now the timing isn't great for me still. BUT I will get around to ordering some from you.

Back
Top Bottom