Mille Cochin Info

If I were you I would breed a buff to the Mottled. It is a long road but once you get some MF hens in the fall you will have chicks growing up that you can work with, too.
It is best to bring in as much variety to start with as you can or you will be adding later and have a lot more to sort out. I have 2 closed lined breeding plans for my MF and it has been working out well for me so far. When I introduced new blood to a pen it really sent my breeding for them out the door so I am having a hard time getting that back in check.

Considering what I started with about 3 years ago I think I am doing pretty well now where I have kept a good focus.
I'll do it then. Thanks for the help. :)
~Mike

Last edited:
You might be better off just to get some hatching eggs and hope to hatch some pullets to work with. Finally getting Mille Cochin eggs from our pullets now so I can start hatching and being more selective.

Hi all!
Haven't been around much b/c the HOT weather is keeping me busy...

Some updated pics of my little pullets
I need help choosing who is going in the breeding pens for the autumn hatch!

This little girl is one of the youngest

#2 buff columbian
#3 black with red leakage on neck

#5 on left
#4 on right

Isn't she CUTE!
love.gif

Cadeau, what are you looking to breed?

if it's mille fleur, since it is in the mille thread, then i would say if your breeding pen has room, use ALL your mille fleur hens, and put the buff girls with a nice buff roo in their own pen.

as for type i'm not a great judge, but a few look a bit young to have much developed yet...

So glad I found this thread. I am new to backyard chickens and to bantam cochins. (always had standard chickens as pets only) Anyhow, I hatched out 26 eggs this past Spring, some silkies but most are bantam cochins. I would like to start showing them and have always attended local fairs and shows as a spectator. I did end up with some Mille Fleur cochins but could use some help identifying them. I am also working on pairing them up for breeding. Is this the place to post pictures? I would really appreciate some input from everyone. Thank you

frow.gif

Hi all!
Haven't been around much b/c the HOT weather is keeping me busy...

I personally like 1 & 5 best.

Some updated pics of my little pullets
I need help choosing who is going in the breeding pens for the autumn hatch!

This little girl is one of the youngest

#2 buff columbian
#3 black with red leakage on neck

#5 on left
#4 on right

Isn't she CUTE! :love

Back
Top Bottom