Mille Cochin Info

haha - you got to see a bunch the other day!

I'm bad at taking pics for records....sorry!
I'm not hatching for the summer, so will try in the autumn!

The little pullet Reyvaughn got from me was one of the mousey brown chicks with redidsh head!
Let's see how she turns out - she had pretty cute type, too!

ok I got some pics of my blue mille today :) he's a teeneger so still gangly but looks very promising...

and just for fun a pic of the one that was behind him, who is also free to a good home if you need him for breeding, otherwise he's going to the freezer

haha - you got to see a bunch the other day!

I'm bad at taking pics for records....sorry!
I'm not hatching for the summer, so will try in the autumn!

The little pullet Reyvaughn got from me was one of the mousey brown chicks with redidsh head!
Let's see how she turns out - she had pretty cute type, too!

Oh, come on! I thought you might have hundreds by now! LOL

Really? That pullet was hatched out mousey brown? So interesting to see how much they change as they grow. One of the things that makes this project interesting to me.

haha- I should...it would help a lot to see what little chick turns out to be a nice adult...

I don't know if Reyvaughn showed her yet - she's younger than the bunch she showed in the photo - @2mths old.

Reyvaughn - can you get a pic?

it's interesting to note, my chicks from 'calico' my mille roo, with his 2 blue partridge/mille girls is giving me chicks that look like this... (ignore the oegb's)

and here's a pic of a purebred mille fleur d'uccle

it'll be interesting to see how they grow out...
here's the poppa "Calico" and his girls (pics courtesy of a friend)

Last edited:
it's interesting to note, my chicks from 'calico' my mille roo, with his 2 blue partridge/mille girls is giving me chicks that look like this... (ignore the oegb's)

and here's a pic of a purebred mille fleur d'uccle

it'll be interesting to see how they grow out...
here's the poppa "Calico" and his girls (pics courtesy of a friend)

looks like they are going to be some sort of buff columbian based color. Still too young to tell what they will look like as adults but the next molt should tell

Gorgeous birds Karen, love that roo. I think your chicks do look like the d'uccle chick. I can't wait to see them as they mature.
and Beautiful photos!!

Here's the girl from you, Katelyn:

This pullet is the oldest I have of my "BC" pen. The father, Byron, is Mottled X BC but he looks BC except for the white tips on his foot feathering. The mother is more of a black tailed buff - she has no black in her hackles.

Her white tips didn't show up very well. She has a couple sporadic chevrons and white tips.

This pullet is a 4wk old (mothered by the first MFC pullet) and a full sister to pullet above.

Not sure if she'll have chevrons, but she has the white tips.
I love these two girls. The feathering on their legs is amazing! The feathers are all the way around the leg and on all three toes. So far, I am liking their type, too. We will see how they fill out in a few more months, though.

The cockerel... Katelyn, that pullet is laying already, too. So is another one - I think the smutty buff from you. Mr. Hot Pants is already doing his job. He has 15 girls growing out with him... He's not the most gentlemanly, let me tell you. I thought about letting Beakman molest him to see how he likes it. But, I need him so I didn't. Yet.

His tail disappeared... Like I said, I hope it's an awkward juvenile phase.

Millie, one of my original hens, is broody and Mildred decided to stop laying, too. Bridgette, my "BC" hen is broody. Makenzie's MF frizzle, Miley is broody. My other BCs growing out are just horrid looking. They look like buff Brahmas, type wise. I sure hope they improve... They are 6 months now and I don't have much hope for them. I don't even know if Byron or Beakman can help correct their faults. Everyone else is growing out. So, I am at a stand still again. Oh, and I decided I do not like Milroy, the dark roo covering Millie and Mildred. His tail is pinched and it's shape is weird. So, he has to go.

I seriously need a nice roo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom