Mille Cochin Info

Great pics again Country Boy!

AMY - the chicks in Country Boy's pics are the coloring I was talking about (greyish with red/brown heads)
I'm having lots of luck with this color chick down!!

Country Boy - will you do us all a favor and keep a photo journal of one or two of those grey/brown chicks??

Great pics again Country Boy!

AMY - the chicks in Country Boy's pics are the coloring I was talking about (greyish with red/brown heads)
I'm having lots of luck with this color chick down!!

Country Boy - will you do us all a favor and keep a photo journal of one or two of those grey/brown chicks??
If you would like- how should I do it? Start a new thread and post pics each week or everyday or just post pics right here?

Thanks!
Once a week, every 2 weeks, monthly - when you notice a change - whatever works for you!

Either start a thread and give us a link
or right on thread and compile once in a while, so we can see the progress!!

I'm having lots of luck with this color down, so, hopefully, you can show everyone what they produce!
(I'm terrible about taking pics and keeping the photo record...)

Just received a newborn for plans toward adoption....things like that fall by the wayside!

Congrats Katelyn! I hope it goes well for you!!
ya.gif

I got out and took some pics of next year's breeders today. I also outcrossed to blue mottled this year for a bit extra fun. Here are some blue pullets that are a result of that breeding mixed in with two pullets from a partridge/mille cross roo x mille hens and two pullets I kept from mille x mille.

Here is the only roo I kept from the blue mottled crosses

Here is my best "mille" pullet I hatched this year in the middle. Her type is pretty good and I like her head. She has lots of chevrons coming in on her breast but not so much in her cushion.

Here is one of the partridge F2's and I do love her color but, it needs to be lighter and her type wasn't greatly improved on at all.

Here's another nice mille girl I got this year. She's washed out in her base color but her type and markings I am very happy with. In the rear view you can see the teardrop white points on every wing feather edge.

I kept a handful of the blue mottled cross girls. I plan to put them to my ONLY orange vermillion boy I have. I had two others that were much better typed but, were culled due to sickness :(

Here's one of the partridge F2 boys. His color is vibrant though too dark. I may put him over my older mille breeders next year and see what I get. His type is mediocre at best and he has split breast.

Orange vermilion boy below.. very little black

another shot of my best girls

Thanks for sharing all the pics everyone. It's so nice to see how everyone else is doing too!

Back
Top Bottom