Mille Cochin Info

& congrats on your new arrivals Karen! I actually shut my incubator OFF today (I know, I said I wasn't ever going to...) Actually I need to clean it.
roll.png
I'm in the process of winterizing my barn, NO one is laying currently -well, I get maybe 2 eggs a week (Silkies), and I've got 6 broody hens I'm sticking those eggs under. So, I think I can delay my hatching addiction for a little while!

In the meantime, after more then a week of agonizing high winds, today was finally calm! The Cochins were happy to get out of the barn!
Brandon
Prince

Dinner

Ivan

Oboe
Bran again
Ruby Rod

& congrats on your new arrivals Karen! I actually shut my incubator OFF today (I know, I said I wasn't ever going to...) Actually I need to clean it.
roll.png
I'm in the process of winterizing my barn, NO one is laying currently -well, I get maybe 2 eggs a week (Silkies), and I've got 6 broody hens I'm sticking those eggs under. So, I think I can delay my hatching addiction for a little while!

In the meantime, after more then a week of agonizing high winds, today was finally calm! The Cochins were happy to get out of the barn!
I'll take one of each.
droolin.gif
They are sooooo pretty.

roll.png

Brandon
Prince

Dinner

Ivan

Oboe
Bran again
Ruby Rod
My question is are Millie's F ever bred LF or they always a bantam? These are beautiful and I would love to try to breed these for my LF flock. Is this possible?

Thanks
big_smile.png

Mille Fleur are only bantam. The colors used to create mille fleur are columbian, mottled and wheaten; so buff columbian bred to mottled will give you the start. But there aren't any columbian LF Cochins.
Is how I understand it, anyway, why there aren't any in LF?

i haven't heard of anyone working on them...  if they are, they're not vocal about it.

my own are all bantams...  8 hatched on the 5th, 9 more due the 18th, and just set 6 more today.

I was looking at your birds on FB and they are beautiful!  My question is are these LF or bantams?  and do you have LF calico's for sale?  Maybe I should ask if the calico's are ever LF ....

Just in case you are waiting on a reply - I think maybe you have the wrong person.  I mean I do have some pics of my chickens on FB but I have a personal pg. & not sure you are a "friend".
Hope you figure out who's chickens you were really looking at :)

I am working on LF calico. I am getting a new mottled LF roo and pullet from bo Garrett to bring into my program come November. There is also one other that is working on it and has been for 2yrs now. I am just beginning my program.

Last edited:
& congrats on your new arrivals Karen! I actually shut my incubator OFF today (I know, I said I wasn't ever going to...) Actually I need to clean it. :rolleyes:   I'm in the process of winterizing my barn, NO one is laying currently -well, I get maybe 2 eggs a week (Silkies), and I've got 6 broody hens I'm sticking those eggs under. So, I think I can delay my hatching addiction for a little while!

In the meantime, after more then a week of agonizing high winds, today was finally calm! The Cochins were [COLOR=000080]happy[/COLOR] to get out of the barn!
Brandon
Prince

Dinner

Ivan

Oboe
Bran again
Ruby Rod

Wow so pretty and happy! I wish I lived closer so I could visit them in person :)

Back
Top Bottom