Mille Cochin Info

There is actually a page where there are folks that show what they bred and what it produced in the MFC project.
I personally do not care for partridge in my MFC breeding program but Bantyman used it in his lines and I have now introduced it in from his birds, though several generations along. I will continue to try and keep careful records in case I get a head scratching bird later. Meaning, the color confuses me.
I like using the buff Columbian and Mottled because it has given me the awesome vermillion in my birds. But you use what you can find. Some folks can't find anything but partridge and some can't find any partridge.
I feel I was lucky to buy from someone that had bought some excellent birds but then decided to get out of it. They had one generation in and then offered them up for sale. I snatched them up so fast it almost started a cyclone! LOL

I don't always have something for sale but do try to breed decent Buff Columbians, Partridge, Silver Penciled( a silver based partridge) and Columbians if someone is ever looking for good birds for a project. I also know many of the others who do breed the better ones of these varieties. I will always try to point you in the right direction.
Craig

Just listed my first-ever hatching egg auction, if anyone's interested
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom