Mille Cochin Info

So glad you are joining us on here! I no longer have Langshans but it is a small poultry world and we cross paths again!
Rodriguez, It IS a small world. I met you at the Okies lunch at the Shawnee show 2 years ago. Glad you caught the Cochin bug. The Millies are soooo colorful. I now have Americaunas and LaFleche too but still adore my Cochins above all.

Country Boy,
Chipper reminds me a lot of many of my girls. This year I got a lot of Buff based girls with an increasing abount of black chevrons. I am about to mess that all up when I add a 1/2 Mottled,1/2 Millie boy I bred from my Mottled Roo and a Millie pullet this Spring. I did that last year with another 1/2,1/2 roo and got some White Columbian youngsters. But this young roo has much better type. I will also keep breeding straight Mille Fleur lines too. I am not sure that adding Mottled is the best way to improve type.
It sure isn't a straight forward process but they are slowly improving. And it sure does pay to be patient and keep them around a long time. A hen that I started with 3 years ago had very few black chevrons and white tips as a pullet but now is nearly covered with them.

I think all my Mottled kids or the MFC dark kids go back to one of my original great conformation hens. She is a lovely girl and did well against competition this past weekend at the ABA show in Clemson SC, an hour's drive from my farm. I do have other bloodlines of Mottled Cochin but this hen helped introduce the type and pattern into my MFC breeding program.

ETA- Her son or grandson is in my avatar since she and her 2 daughters are in with my handsome Grant. I am hoping his pattern becomes more even like this hen so I can show him next year. I also have 2 pullets from the same hatch I am hoping to show. Time will tell.
She looks great! Love her type and she has plenty of fluff! Very pretty girl.

Country Boy,
Chipper reminds me a lot of many of my girls. This year I got a lot of Buff based girls with an increasing abount of black chevrons. I am about to mess that all up when I add a 1/2 Mottled,1/2 Millie boy I bred from my Mottled Roo and a Millie pullet this Spring. I did that last year with another 1/2,1/2 roo and got some White Columbian youngsters. But this young roo has much better type. I will also keep breeding straight Mille Fleur lines too. I am not sure that adding Mottled is the best way to improve type.
It sure isn't a straight forward process but they are slowly improving. And it sure does pay to be patient and keep them around a long time. A hen that I started with 3 years ago had very few black chevrons and white tips as a pullet but now is nearly covered with them.
I would love to see pictures!
caf.gif

What are you wanting them for?
No disrespect intended but I would not purchase either one. They are not the shape of a Cochin.
If you need a Mottled Cochin roo for breeding I can sell you a typy one for extremely reasonable cost plus shipping and box.
Look at my avatar. That is one of my 4 month old Mottled boys. I have others that are older and much more filled out.

No disrespect intended but I would not purchase either one. They are not the shape of a Cochin.
If you need a Mottled Cochin roo for breeding I can sell you a typy one for extremely reasonable cost plus shipping and box.
Look at my avatar. That is one of my 4 month old Mottled boys. I have others that are older and much more filled out.

I would love that but first I'm going to pay the rest of my bill to Lynne off. How much do you think it would cost total? Those boys are free I just found out. They are 4 months but if I can get 1 from you that would be great!

I will show you photos on here. But if you can't PM on here right now then you can email me so we can hash out the details. [email protected]

I have had the pair for sale for $50. They are young. The roo is almost 5 months and the pullet is 4 months. However, I would be glad to sell you the roo for $10 plus the shipping and box. Yes, I take awful photos. The wind is blowing like mad here today and my camera is a royal pain!

Here is the boy by himself. He has very good type and color.

Back
Top Bottom