Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Pics
Well, we had a bit of a wild ride today! We had a 1 1/2 hour power outage and then a short 5 or so min one. Luckily hubby was home for the first one, let me know and threw towels over the incubators. The chicks are 3 1/2 weeks old and the room was 68 degrees so they cuddle piled together and other than making their little chittering complaints, they were fine.

Hopefully all the eggies are OK, I know two ladies with eggs going and neither have power back yet. What a wild day! Trees down, fires, power outages, the one electric provider here had over 121 separate outages at one point and they are saying it will be a few days to restore all the power.
Oh that is so scary!!! Prayers for all your little eggs that they may develop just fine despite the outage 🙏💕

Wow! That’s worse than my recent power outage, that was caused by a thunderstorm, and a tornado that struck a few towns away! (Ohio)
Tornadoes freak me out, we had rotation starting in the clouds over our house last year and started to funnel as the system moved north, but then it broke back up thankfully. It was massive and downright made me feel small and helpless!

Oh that is so scary!!! Prayers for all your little eggs that they may develop just fine despite the outage 🙏💕
I am hoping so ❤ I know 2 ladies with eggs going that as far as I know are still without power 😬 one had a generator and the other was able to get one I think 4 or 5 hours into the outage. 🙏 for sure!

Tornadoes freak me out, we had rotation starting in the clouds over our house last year and started to funnel as the system moved north, but then it broke back up thankfully. It was massive and downright made me feel small and helpless!
Tornado scares me too- OMG ITS 4 AM AND I MAY BE GOING INSANE, BUT ITS DAY TWENTY AND THE INCUBATOR JUST CHIRPED

Well, we had a bit of a wild ride today! We had a 1 1/2 hour power outage and then a short 5 or so min one. Luckily hubby was home for the first one, let me know and threw towels over the incubators. The chicks are 3 1/2 weeks old and the room was 68 degrees so they cuddle piled together and other than making their little chittering complaints, they were fine.

Hopefully all the eggies are OK, I know two ladies with eggs going and neither have power back yet. What a wild day! Trees down, fires, power outages, the one electric provider here had over 121 separate outages at one point and they are saying it will be a few days to restore all the power.
Is everything OK over there this morning? :hugs

Is everything OK over there this morning? :hugs
For me, yes, phew! All seems well, I really want to candle a few lockdown eggies but I'm not sure I should, I think I'm just going to hope and pray and wait. They were without power less than 2 hours, so I am hoping they will have no issues. Today is Day 19.

One lady got power back just before midnight and the other is still without power and the generator they got yesterday went out. Ugh, I feel horrible for her!

There are over 140 power outages now, but the number of people effected is now less than 5k, so they are making progress.

Back
Top Bottom