Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Pics
Yeah it did, I could have sworn you set these eggs a week ago! :eek:

Keeping Humidity where you want it can be a big pain in the rump, but once you figure out a system, it gets more predictable.
Well, I did set eggs about a week ago... :lau
But yes, this hatch has flown by!

And those two pips :eek:

# 60 and # 61!!! Go chickies! Come out and get to biting people! Lol

:eek: #108 is ZIPPING! oh my

20240321_213056.jpg

Cool! My batch, affectionately nicknamed the “disaster flock” has started hatching too! I only have one, and I don’t think any more pips yet, but meet Tsunami:D

( also, I ran out of chick crumbles and had to crush up some normal chicken feed. Does it look ok? The crumbles are coming in the mail Sunday.)

Attachments

• E291D62E-1193-401F-9AAB-CF10E6EF7119.jpeg
    E291D62E-1193-401F-9AAB-CF10E6EF7119.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 7593D991-2E44-4BA9-A698-04D0F0E447CD.jpeg
    7593D991-2E44-4BA9-A698-04D0F0E447CD.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 2
Cool! My batch, affectionately nicknamed the “disaster flock” has started hatching too! I only have one, and I don’t think any more pips yet, but meet Tsunami:D

( also, I ran out of chick crumbles and had to crush up some normal chicken feed. Does it look ok? The crumbles are coming in the mail Sunday.)
So cute!

The protein will be low and the calcium too high of course. I would cook some egg yolk to give it. You can also add water to the regular chicken feed to make a mash.

So cute!

The protein will be low and the calcium too high of course. I would cook some egg yolk to give it. You can also add water to the regular chicken feed to make a mash.
I know about the calcium, but my mom was going to buy some chick start crumbles, and changed her mind last minute because “it’s the same thing”:he

Will my bird be fine until the chick start gets here Sunday?

I know about the calcium, but my mom was going to buy some chick start crumbles, and changed her mind last minute because “it’s the same thing”:he

Will my bird be fine until the chick start gets here Sunday?
I'm sure worse things have been fed to chicks and they've been ok. I can't speak really well to that, I do know good nutrition is very critical, but having some cooked yolk for it may help it be fine.

Edited, I meant I CAN'T speak to that :oops:

Last edited:
Everything is still on! I'm having trouble keeping the humidity up in the Advance though, I'm not sure what to try next. I don't knownif I could put yarn or something in water and have that thread into the hole that the EX model uses to drip water through? I can't keep it over 40% 🥺 and I also can't stand there all day and slowly syringe water through the hole either. Last time I added a big bread pan of water, but it's packed full and no room for that.
It's probably too late now, but I took a thick cotton wash rag, rolled it up, shoved it in one of the reservoirs, and poured distilled water on it to soak it good.

Back
Top Bottom