Mislabeled Tractor Supply/Feed Store Chicks

i had bought some barred rocks ( sexed) 1 is def a cockerel. so fail. that same day i got cornish chickens, they were advertised as " cornish" no x, cross, or rock after the name, even a picture of a norm cornish chicken by the buckets, and they also were advertised as dual purpose. so was a huge surprise to see them grow like an unstoppable force of nature... i don't raise meat birds only dual purpose so this made me very mad. luckily my neighbor took them off my hands and will get a full belly out of it

Our TSC advertises sexed pullets, straight run dual purpose and straight run bantams.

I looked, I saw white silkies in with white leghorns and white rocks. Not sure if the leghorns were sexed or the rocks.

The next bin had all 3 of those breeds and a bunch of CX.

No sign saying meat birds anywhere.

Yup, I will buy elsewhere.

The feed store 15 miles away has a ton of breeds that are sorted properly and they offer to take back males if females were purchased.
I think it is worth the drive for better selection and service.

My TSC had a tub filled with black stars, but they were labeled "Black Hoovers" so I was like "What on earth is that? I've never heard of them" and the TSC people were convinced that's their real name. It wasn't until after I bought them and they grew up I discovered they were Black STARS which TSC bought from HOOVER hatchery :lau

Then they threw in 2 chicks which they had no info on :confused: to this day I've got no clue what they are.
View attachment 1484904 They've got purple skin and lay brown eggs. 4 toes.

do you have any ideas what the white one may be? I just got three chicks from Tractor supply that were mixed in with about 30 others, but these are the only three that looked alike. the are yellow chicks and starting to feather out white with some black in the wings.

They were in with Americanas, black sex links and they thought some type of blue somethings. Could they be lakenvelder chicks?
KIMG0270.JPG KIMG0268.JPG KIMG0269.JPG

do you have any ideas what the white one may be? I just got three chicks from Tractor supply that were mixed in with about 30 others, but these are the only three that looked alike. the are yellow chicks and starting to feather out white with some black in the wings.
might be a Colombian Wyandotte...just a guess as I have those and they feather quite similar...is there a dimple in the comb?? I cant tell from the pic

Back
Top Bottom