Mixed Breed Ducks!

Pics
Yeah! I would love to know how it turns out. What kind of mixes are they?
1 is a Mallard/Khaki Campbell, and three are Buff/Mallard.
smile.png

Aww i love mixed ducks. This is my first year having ducks. I have 2 blue Swedish girls 3-2 pekin boys and 1 i know for for sure is a girl and 4 unknown gender Cayugas. I know ima have mixed ducklings cuz one of my blue Swedish girl is bobbing her head alot and chasing around my Peking boy xD they all 12-14 weeks. (I got them from ideal and they seem a little over a week old) i can't wait to see them with babies soon

image.jpeg
We got these three today. From what I understand the two light ones are mixes but I'm not sure what kind. Any ideas? What about the darker one? Someone said khaki but she's a lot darker than our khaki drake. We are relatively new to ducks. We got two babies in May. Both turned out to be drakes. We were going to raise them as bonded brothers, but one passed away last week. We decided to get him some lady friends.

Here are some of my mixed breed ducklings. I have 21 right now, but the drakes will be rehomed.

Most of them are blue or black with white bibs, but I do have a few that are other colors. The ducklings in the first six pictures are currently about 6 1/2 weeks old. There are 13 ducklings from this hatch.
mixedducks2.jpg

mixedducks1.jpg

mixedducks3.jpg

I think this guy will look similar to Fin, one of the ducks I saw on page 5 of the thread. He looks very much like the juvenile picture of Fin. His mom is a Golden 300 Layer and his dad is a Buff Orpington.
mixedducks4.jpg

mixedducks5.jpg

The ducklings in the last three pictures are now 3 1/2 weeks old, but the pictures were taken when they were less than a week old. There are 8 from this hatch.
slowpoke.jpg

This duckling has a blue-grey eye and a dark brown eye which is something I've never seen with one of my ducklings before.
mumble.jpg

indianajones.jpg

Back
Top Bottom