Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
I have several crosses but only one is an full grown and is very hard to get a pic of because he's a bit flighty his dad was a blue andy and his mom is a blue OEGB. I'll try to get a pic of him, I also have 5 8 weeks old crosses that rumpless araucana roo/silkie mom 3 have the coloring of their dad and one is solid white and looks just like mom just with out the fur feathers and i have a 8 week old Amerucana roo/Turken hen mix, these 5 have been on their own since they were 5 weeks old their got under the car and was injured and they are love to be outside they are the first ones out and the last ones in and always together

has anyone had results with these breeds- easter egger, australorp, barred rock, red and black sex links. i have all those and was wondering what you results were with any of those combonations

This is Rodger: Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Roo x Buff Wyandotte Hen

He was buff colored as a chick and feathered in with the lacing, He was the only one like this in his clutch though. He has 30 babies in the brooder now and 32 more eggs in the incubator. The only Splash he shows in a smudge on his tail but he's got quite a few splash babies. I have been told he would still be considered the Blue Laced Red, but I call him Buff Laced.

He's wonderfully sweet, I actually rehomed his daddy because Rodger was more mellow. He's gentle with the hens and gets along well with my other(new) rooster, Blue Wyandotte in back left of this picture. --->

This is "Golden King"
Father was a Barred Rock, Mother a Buff Orp.
His comb is a bit messed up from a fight w/another roo.

Is this what you call a "Lemon Cuckoo Orpington"? I LOVE HIM!!! Is that the cross that you use to get them?

Not really, a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington should have lighter color.

This is "Pretty Girl".. AKA loud mouth(loud layer!). She is Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte roo x Black Olive Egger Hen(who is believed to be a Black Australorp x Ameracauna).

Looks liek a Wyandotte with a long neck/smaller head. Lays very well(5/7+) and has recently threatened to go broody. She's also very sweet and mellow unless she's laying an egg... She has started showing her fierce side since she's been feeling broody, puffs up like a puffer fish & growls when i reach under her for eggs, lol. I love her comb shape =)

Here is Rodger as a baby next to Pretty Girl who is sitting next to her brother who is also a Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Roo x Black Olive Egger Hen.

I don't have any adult pictures of the handsome guy because he had to be rehomed before he was in adult plumage. Very sweet as well & Would have been beautiful!

Pretty Girl's BROTHER

ummmmm hes bearded.... looks more like an EE... doesnt look anything like a black sexlink rooster...
hide.gif

Is this what you call a "Lemon Cuckoo Orpington"? I LOVE HIM!!! Is that the cross that you use to get them?

Okay, now for my crosses:

Roody, a Rhode Island Red roo X Barred Rock hen (or black sex link) He was very mean!

And Winchester (aka Winnie), Buff Orpington roo X Golden Sex-link hen (excuse the roo in the back, he had just been beat up, he was fine though, just feathers missing)

And when she was younger she looked just like a BO

okay i exagerated i kinda see it but i dont think thats all he is or maybe he is a black sexlink made up of different crosses... there is either salmon favorolle or ee or olive egger or americauna in there somewhere...
here is a RIR BR cross (not mine)

ummmmm hes bearded.... looks more like an EE... doesnt look anything like a black sexlink rooster...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom