Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Yowsa!!
ep.gif
What a gorgeous guy!!
love.gif
Thank you. that's why I love mixes! I've got some flat beautiful birds, and I love the fact no one else has the exact same look.

This guy was actually my Omega roo, the bottom of the 4 I had. The three above him are gone now, and it took him a good few months to step up and be head guy. I think adding some young males from this year's hatch (Omega's a 2012 hatch) encouraged him to be more manly!

Hi love this thread
This is Terra. Her father is a Cream Legbar and mother is a New Hampshire Red
I think she is quite pretty. Hasn't started to lay yet she is about 22 weeks. Can't wait to see egg color!!
How pretty! I love the CCL mixes I'm seeing more and more of. I love the barring on something besides black!

I'd never really thought about what a labor of love it must have been or the creator of the CCL. If I recall, he created several other auto sexing breeds, but this one must have been his baby! With the colored eggs and crest and straight comb--none of which were necessary for a high production, auto sexing breed--I hope he had a lot of fun, for all the enjoyment they give us today.

I'd never really thought about what a labor of love it must have been or the creator of the CCL. If I recall, he created several other auto sexing breeds, but this one must have been his baby! With the colored eggs and crest and straight comb--none of which were necessary for a high production, auto sexing breed--I hope he had a lot of fun, for all the enjoyment they give us today.
Well said! I hope to have a breeding pair of CCL as the jewel of my flock one day
old.gif
For now I will enjoy my hatchery stock LOL!

Silkie roo(s) X Ameraucana hen(s) (not sure which were the mom(s) but the hens were white, blue, and splash)

4 weeks old

Same rooster ~5 months (huge color change--so bright and beautiful)

4 weeks old

Same rooster at approx. 6 months old
I kept this one and found a new home for the rooster above (Both were lovely birds but I did not need two)
He is very docile with the hens and has not caused a problem with us. When a hen makes an alarmed noise, he runs clear across the yard to her--ready to defend! No complaints with him so far

Their sister who has gone broody at 6 months old---
She lays pale green eggs and is normally at the bottom of the pecking order (although now that she is setting she is very protective ;) )

Photos of more of the same cross as adults from a past clutch
(The nice lady I got mine from sent me this photo so I could see what the results of the cross were in the past)

Last edited:
Silkie roo(s) X Ameraucana hen(s) (not sure which were the mom(s) but the hens were white, blue, and splash)

4 weeks old

Same rooster ~5 months (huge color change--so bright and beautiful)

4 weeks old

Same rooster at approx. 6 months old
I kept this one and found a new home for the rooster above (Both were lovely birds but I did not need two)
He is very docile with the hens and has not caused a problem with us. When a hen makes an alarmed noise, he runs clear across the yard to her--ready to defend! No complaints with him so far

Their sister who has gone broody at 6 months old---
She lays pale green eggs and is normally at the bottom of the pecking order (although now that she is setting she is very protective ;) )

Photos of more of the same cross as adults from a past clutch
(The nice lady I got mine from sent me this photo so I could see what the results of the cross were in the past)

These are really gorgeous! I just love the Silkie / Ameraucana crosses.

Back
Top Bottom