Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Silkie roo(s) X Ameraucana hen(s) (not sure which were the mom(s) but the hens were white, blue, and splash)

4 weeks old

Same rooster ~5 months (huge color change--so bright and beautiful)

4 weeks old

Same rooster at approx. 6 months old
I kept this one and found a new home for the rooster above (Both were lovely birds but I did not need two)
He is very docile with the hens and has not caused a problem with us. When a hen makes an alarmed noise, he runs clear across the yard to her--ready to defend! No complaints with him so far

Their sister who has gone broody at 6 months old---
She lays pale green eggs and is normally at the bottom of the pecking order (although now that she is setting she is very protective ;) )

Photos of more of the same cross as adults from a past clutch
(The nice lady I got mine from sent me this photo so I could see what the results of the cross were in the past)
Now I am thinking I need to go find a Silkie somewhere. That rooster you kept is phenomenal looking!

For awhile I had a Black Silky Roo & his 2 juvenile sons in the yard w/my standard hens. Dark Knight (the roo) picked out the EE hen as his girlfriend. She was Wheaton color. Every egg I hatched from their combination turned out a male & was Blue w/red wings. Bearded and pretty, but I already had plenty of Roos.

Silkie roo(s) X Ameraucana hen(s) (not sure which were the mom(s) but the hens were white, blue, and splash)

4 weeks old

Same rooster ~5 months (huge color change--so bright and beautiful)

4 weeks old

Same rooster at approx. 6 months old
I kept this one and found a new home for the rooster above (Both were lovely birds but I did not need two)
He is very docile with the hens and has not caused a problem with us. When a hen makes an alarmed noise, he runs clear across the yard to her--ready to defend! No complaints with him so far

Their sister who has gone broody at 6 months old---
She lays pale green eggs and is normally at the bottom of the pecking order (although now that she is setting she is very protective ;) )

Photos of more of the same cross as adults from a past clutch
(The nice lady I got mine from sent me this photo so I could see what the results of the cross were in the past)

That is an extremely beautiful rooster!!!

We have a small group of purebred chickens for laying eggs. My Rooster, Martin Luther(was named by breeder being born on his birthday about a year ago) is a pretty roo,black with grey. One silkie hen,Little Girl was soooo broody we gave her some eggs last summer. Martin was only about 6-7 months old and only a Silky/Austrolorp Roo -Tidbits,hatched out, but we went to a breeder

and brought home chicks that day. This is a pic of Tidbits. He just turned 5 months old. Ist pic of one of the other chicks,Flavorelle/Americauna 2nd is Tidbits.3rd is Flavor./Blue Orph.4th,Flav/Wh.Rock

We have a small group of purebred chickens for laying eggs. My Rooster, Martin Luther(was named by breeder being born on his birthday about a year ago) is a pretty roo,black with grey. One silkie hen,Little Girl was soooo broody we gave her some eggs last summer. Martin was only about 6-7 months old and only a Silky/Austrolorp Roo -Tidbits,hatched out, but we went to a breeder

and brought home chicks that day. This is a pic of Tidbits. He just turned 5 months old. Ist pic of one of the other chicks,Flavorelle/Americauna 2nd is Tidbits.3rd is Flavor./Blue Orph.4th,Flav/Wh.Rock
Your top picture, of the multi colored Roo in the smaller pic... I have 3 of those that all look exactly the same as yours... Flighty suckers, and very beautiful! What was your mix to get him? Mine was a EE with an Austrolorp hen

This is the father, Blue Ameraucana:

This is the mother, Partridge Silkie, and her accidental babies, all from the same father:

Just wanted to update with some more mature pictures. 10 of the babies have survived to adulthood, 4 pullets (3 black, 1 blue) and 6 cockerels (3 black, 3 blue). I've given away 2 cockerels, kept 1, and will probably process the other 3 (even though they are TINY!).

The babies as teenagers:

Almost mature cockerels:

Blue pullet and cockerel I'm keeping:

Black pullet:

Just wanted to update with some more mature pictures. 10 of the babies have survived to adulthood, 4 pullets (3 black, 1 blue) and 6 cockerels (3 black, 3 blue). I've given away 2 cockerels, kept 1, and will probably process the other 3 (even though they are TINY!).

The babies as teenagers:

Almost mature cockerels:

Blue pullet and cockerel I'm keeping:

Black pullet:
OMG
love.gif
They are gorgeous! Hopefully they lay blue eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom