Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Hello,

I really like this thread!

Has anybody crossed a Blue Cochin with a Delaware?
I would love pics if ya don't mind!

Thank you,
The Angry Hen

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I know this thread is old but was wondering if anyone has crossed a Black English Orpington rooster with an Ameraucana hen. I'll try to link picture of them both. We currently have a broody hen trying to hatch some chicks and I am curious as to what they will look like and what color eggs they will produce.
[/IMG]
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I know this thread is old but was wondering if anyone has crossed a Black English Orpington rooster with an Ameraucana hen. I'll try to link picture of them both. We currently have a broody hen trying to hatch some chicks and I am curious as to what they will look like and what color eggs they will produce.
[/URL]
Thanks!!
That hen is an Easter Egger. She may or may not be pure for muffs and pea comb genes. The solid black of the rooster is very dominant, so expect black chicks. Some may have muffs/beards, some may not. Some may have pea combs, some may have single combs. As for egg color, that can be a bit more difficult to predict. There is about a 50% chance of chicks haveing genetics for green eggs, and about 50% may be brown egg genes.

That hen is an Easter Egger. She may or may not be pure for muffs and pea comb genes. The solid black of the rooster is very dominant, so expect black chicks. Some may have muffs/beards, some may not. Some may have pea combs, some may have single combs. As for egg color, that can be a bit more difficult to predict. There is about a 50% chance of chicks haveing genetics for green eggs, and about 50% may be brown egg genes.

I thought she was an Easter egger but the pet store was selling them as "Ameraucanas", she lays a light greenish color egg. Thank you! I can't wait to see what the babies look like and what they produce.

we also have a New Hampshire red hen that has bred to the same roo above, any idea what those chicks will look like? Here is our hen
That's a red sexlink hen, and she has dominant white modifying her black patterning. She has a single copy of that gene, and it only affect black. About half her chicks will be solid white with a few random black feathers. The rest will be solid black.

That's a red sexlink hen, and she has dominant white modifying her black patterning. She has a single copy of that gene, and it only affect black. About half her chicks will be solid white with a few random black feathers. The rest will be solid black.

Jeeeeeez that livestock store really messed up on their chicks!!! Thank you!!

Jeeeeeez that livestock store really messed up on their chicks!!! Thank you!!

A lot of livestock stores buy from hatcheries. Hatcheries claim Rhode Island Reds are just that when really they're usually a production red, which is a mutt chicken from different breeds.

Easter Eggers are the same way, but I think a lot of the issues with EE stem from genuinely not knowing the difference between the two. I could be wrong and I'm sure some hatcheries claim things are things they're not for more money.

One of the pages I've read for learning if it's an Ameracauna/Aracauna/EE is this page here.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html?m=1

A lot of livestock stores buy from hatcheries. Hatcheries claim Rhode Island Reds are just that when really they're usually a production red, which is a mutt chicken from different breeds.

Easter Eggers are the same way, but I think a lot of the issues with EE stem from genuinely not knowing the difference between the two. I could be wrong and I'm sure some hatcheries claim things are things they're not for more money.

One of the pages I've read for learning if it's an Ameracauna/Aracauna/EE is this page here.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html?m=1

Great read, thanks so much. Answered a lot of my questions.

Back
Top Bottom