Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Buff rock X black Australorp, hen

Speckled sussex X black Australorp, rooster. They looked like Australorp as chicks except that some of them had irregular yellow spots on their heads. Some of the older ones I'd grown out had red tones.

Juvenile, eaten shortly after.

So I have some crosses incubating right now..
The father is a white crested black polish and the moms are a buff orpington and a chocolate orpington..

Anyone have any similar crosses? I'm a little anxious to see what these little ones will look like!

So I have some crosses incubating right now..
The father is a white crested black polish and the moms are a buff orpington and a chocolate orpington..

Anyone have any similar crosses? I'm a little anxious to see what these little ones will look like!

You can use the 'search thread' function to look for particular crosses. I searched "polish orpington" and found several other crosses with polish roos. Most appear to have cute small crests. :D I hope you will post some pics as yours grow. Should be interesting!

Two of the these are crosses of a Bresse roo and a speckled Sussex hen. The third one is a silver laced Wyandotte roo over a speckled Sussex hen(rose comb). Pay no attention to the white chick, she's a cross of a Bresse roo and a buff Orpington hen
1f600.png

Could I get confirmation that the mom was a speckled Sussex? My friend thinks I got the eggs mixed up and these are from our silver laced Wyandotte hens, because they LOOK silver laced, lol. I point out the white skin and the straight combs(on the two), but she says they don't look anything like the Sussex!

EDIT...these are current pictures, I'll post more as they grow. I was going to sell them but I'm too curious about what they will look like all grown up!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom