Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Light Brahma Rooster x with Golden Wyendote hen. He is still changing and gaining more Golden highlights daily. Not fully mature but close to a year.
Thats a really interesting bird there! I used to have a Light Brahma Roo, and over several hens one of the was a golden laced wyandotte. I did get a rooster but it wasnt nearly as all black as yours is. It looked just like a light columbian brahma other than having more of a gold color on the hackles and saddle rather than white. (I could also totally be wrong) Really interesting!

Blue ameraucana roo × barred rock hen
(Rooster)
(You can't tell from the picture but he has muffs and a beard too)
20200415_235240.jpg

Blue ameraucana roo x australorp hen
(Rooster)
20200415_235519.jpg

Ignore the rooster in the front... he's not one of mine so I don't know the parents.

Blue ameraucana roo x blue Easter egger hen
(Rooster)
IMG_1930.jpg

I'll post some pictures of he hens later...

I
Anybody have these crosses?

Barred Rock X Chocolate Orpington
Barred Rock X Light Brahma
Barred Rock X White Leghorn
Barred Rock X Buff Amerucana
Barred Rock X White Amerucana
Barred Rock X Cuckoo Maran
Barred Rock X White Silkie
Barred Rock X Buff Cochin
Barred Rock X Blue Cochin
Barred Rock X Rhode Island Red
Barred Rock Bantam X Buff Orpington Bantam
Barred Rock Bantam X Rhode Island Red Bantam
Barred Rock Bantam X Easter Egger
Buff Orpington X Rhode Island White
Buff Orpington X Light Brahma
Buff Orpington X White Silkie
Buff Orpington Bantam X Rhode Island Red Bantam
Buff Orpington Bantam X Barred Rock Bantam
Buff Orpington X White Amerucana
Buff Orpington X Easter Egger Bantam
Rhode Island Red Bantam X Barred Rock Bantam (aka Black Sex Link Bantam) if there is one :lau

just hatched a couple lavender Orpington x (possibly) barred rocks

How pretty!!! I love the Dom*EE mix! The beard makes those bars look amazing. How does the Dom*BO lay?
She only just matured before she stopped laying for the winter, so I'm not sure yet. She laid three pullet eggs in two days before stopping. I'll be hatching out chicks from her and that barred EE roo this next spring/summer. I wanna see what the inheritance of those shanks are, her feet've got the strangest hue and I have no idea where it came from.

Her mother was my favorite, but the coyotes got her this past spring. She's her only daughter, so she's spoiled rotten. That, and because she's the prettiest!

Hey!! It's been a lil while but a notification brought it back up. How was your BO*Dom over spring and summer?

Hey!! It's been a lil while but a notification brought it back up. How was your BO*Dom over spring and summer?
She was a very good layer, large brown eggs. Good temper, too. She had almost no survival instincts compared to my other birds though, and she liked to hide for long periods of time. She wound up getting eaten by something in the summer.

The predators finally built up too much around my house and I actually wound up moving, I was basically just feeding birds to the wildlife for a couple months. I lost almost my entire flock, none of the crosses I posted here ended up making it.

They had some funky (good) looking chicks, but none of them made it. A lot of solid black ones, some barred ones, a chipmunk one, and one very blotchy multi-colored one.

She was a very good layer, large brown eggs. Good temper, too. She had almost no survival instincts compared to my other birds though, and she liked to hide for long periods of time. She wound up getting eaten by something in the summer.

The predators finally built up too much around my house and I actually wound up moving, I was basically just feeding birds to the wildlife for a couple months. I lost almost my entire flock, none of the crosses I posted here ended up making it.

They had some funky (good) looking chicks, but none of them made it. A lot of solid black ones, some barred ones, a chipmunk one, and one very blotchy multi-colored one.

I'm so sorry to hear that!! I hope your new birds and your new location has been treating you well!

Back
Top Bottom