Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
White one is a rooster, faverolle mom and a buff orpington dad and the buff one is a pullet, faverolle mom and buff dad

cool looking sexlinks!
big_smile.png

how i wish i knew what one of our hens was shes an interesting mix and great layer.

I know what you mean! I wish they could just talk and tell us! I'd like some more hens like the one in my avatar and have been racking my brain trying to figure out whether I hatched her here or if I got her at a chickenswap last year. I want some more like her. The only thing that I don't like is that she's very shy and won't let me near her.

I'm going to try my best this year to keep better track of my birds.

looks like a blue laced red wyandotte that was maybe crossed with a blue.

I know what you mean! I wish they could just talk and tell us! I'd like some more hens like the one in my avatar and have been racking my brain trying to figure out whether I hatched her here or if I got her at a chickenswap last year. I want some more like her. The only thing that I don't like is that she's very shy and won't let me near her.

I'm going to try my best this year to keep better track of my birds.

You can`t make a hen go broody,its something they do on there own and certain breeds are better at it than others.I`m not sure what your asking on the breeding question,breeding takes place when the rooster and the hens are all in together providing they are all old enough.

Great thread! I love hatching mixes
caf.gif

My favorite so far is a Golden Laced Wyandotte x Rhode Island Red- I will post a pic when I can get one, but she is a pretty red hen with black lacing all throughout, rounder like a Wyandotte, but lays like a Rhode Island. Very pretty girl, great producer!

Pics! Pics! Pics!

:)

Great thread! Can someone figure out the combination from a picture? I bought a mystery pack and the breeder was trying to get a larger meat bird. He included some heritage birds, but many I haven't been able to ID. I suppose those are the crossbreeds. I could sure use some place to start. These are all roosters and all are nine months old.

What IS this guy? He is SO COOL.

Back
Top Bottom