Moose laid his first egg!

I'm now convinced Moose didn't lay the egg. I think it was so bog and painful, Lucy wasn't sure what to do.
Poor girl, well at least she is back to normal size now and hopefully it will stay that way, but I'd think by now Moose would be showing gander tendencies if gander, But I'm still confused by Babe too. This morning Babe hissed at me and I was not that close then this afternoon I was squatting down talking to them and when Babe passed me kind of nipped my coat, nothing like Sam does Sam will out an out bite if given the chance.

I'm going to have to get some new pics of Babe this week and hope serv will visit and give another idea.

My geese only hiss at people they don't know, and paper towel rolls, OR if my daughter isn't wearing her jacket LOL They are funny!

Moose is just a clueless girl. But we love him LOL We still say he when referring to him even though we know he is a girl. I think I always will, it sounds to weird to say good girl to him, we say good boy LOL

My geese only hiss at people they don't know, and paper towel rolls, OR if my daughter isn't wearing her jacket LOL They are funny!

Moose is just a clueless girl. But we love him LOL We still say he when referring to him even though we know he is a girl. I think I always will, it sounds to weird to say good girl to him, we say good boy LOL
Moose may just wait till "normal time" to lay, like when geese are suppose to lay. lol

Honestly I really don't care if babe is girl or boy I just want them to remain a loving family they are now. Or Babe may have to go on a train ride to Texas and get married to jtn's Pauline.

Last edited:
LOL A train ride!! You crack me up!! I love my geese, they are worth all my back pain from cleaning out their pen and filling and dumping water!
Couldn't you picture that, a train goes rolling by and there in the window sits Babe looking contemplative about going to meet his future wife, He's a mail order gander.
love.gif
of course then they have to move back east where his family lives.

Last edited:
HI Lydia! Sorry, got carried away with the kids and the holidays. Now I have this artic winter upon us and Moose and Lucy don't want to go out of their pen at all! I open the garage, Lucy starts squawking like she does in the morning, excited to go out. Then when I open their pen, they come dashing out, realize how incredibly cold out it is(about 5 degrees) and turn tail and run back in the pen!

They do not want to come out! But they would love to come into the house! LOL Honestly, if it gets bad enough, I may let them in for one night in the laundry room. It's cold out, wind chill is about -10, however, they are completely sheltered from the wind, with a heated water bucket, fresh food and 6 inches of pine shavings. I think they will be ok!

Oh, I started a You tube channel about them. I'm going back in all my photos and videos and making little movies. This is what I have so far... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBb71V8CzxIVUCXUsr1NGgg/videos

I have a long ways to go to get caught up to today!

Thanks for thinking of me, and I'm sorry I was away! I missed you too!

Back
Top Bottom