More Pics from English Chick

Quote:
Hi Redfeathers (sooo love your name!)

I will take more pics of the local castles etc and try and do a matching series of pics....but am no photographer! so watch this space.........

Quote:
My absolute pleasure
smile.png

Quote:
Thatch is basically dry vegetation - straw, water reed, rushes etc. although straw is the most common.

Mind you, don't go believing that all of England is olde-worldey-charm - a man pulled an imitation handgun on a teenager a couple of hundred yards away from where I'm sat a few days ago, and over the weekend, a man was stabbed to death about 3 miles away. Mind you, we do have better gun control and therefore fewer shootings - someone getting shot, particularly in a public place will make the national news.

smile.png
Will post pics of castles very soon, although we can see them from the house, my camera is not quite good enough to zoom in, so will drive closer to the castles. there are 3 :-

Beeston castle / Peckforton castle (Stunning) and Cholmondelay Castle, (pronounced Chumleigh) The same family have have always lived in it and it is still a private residence and quite a breathtaking place, but the grounds are open to the public to walk around. Lady Lavinia holds firework and music (classical) concerts there in the summer, they are fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom