Most Intelligent Peep!

Placement Test #1 for Lady
(Must have 3 out of 5 answers correct to pass)

1. What is the average lifespan of a chicken?

2. How many nest boxes should you have in your coop for a flock of 24 chickens?

3. What is bumblefoot caused by?

4. Name three barred/cuckoo patterned chicken breeds:

5. Golden Sex links can be "auto-sexed" at hatch. How is this possible? What are the differences between males and females?
1. 6-7 maybe 8 years?

2. Oh, I'd think at least 4 but more would be better(unless you have a broody).

3. Bumblefoot is a bacterial infection that gets into a chickens foot through a small cut. Or even a raw spot if a chicken's wire cage isn't cleaned often enough and a build up of feces pokes at their feet. Hopefully that's not too long. :D

4. Barred(plymouth) Rocks, cuckoo maran, barred leghorn (I'm pretty sure that's a breed)

5. Ok, it's either a different color spot on their head or it's red vs black. I know with bleck sex-links but not gold.

I probably won't get 'm all right because I resisted the urge to look 'm up. We'll see. :)

Placement Test #1 for Arlo

1. Name three brown egg-laying breeds:

2. At what age does a hen normally stop laying eggs regularly?

3. Name the breed of chicken I'm talking about. I'm much like an Austrolorp, but the difference is that I'm a LOT bigger and when we are younger, by comparing the color of skin on the bottoms of our feet to those of the austrolorp, you'll tell a difference. We have bright yellow skin color while Austrolorps have white skin. What breed am I?

4. Name a breed of chicken where the roosters are hen-feathered:

5. Silkies lay what color eggs?

Placement Test #1 for Arlo

1. Name three brown egg-laying breeds:

2. At what age does a hen normally stop laying eggs regularly?

3. Name the breed of chicken I'm talking about. I'm much like an Austrolorp, but the difference is that I'm a LOT bigger and when we are younger, by comparing the color of skin on the bottoms of our feet to those of the austrolorp, you'll tell a difference. We have bright yellow skin color while Austrolorps have white skin. What breed am I?

4. Name a breed of chicken where the roosters are hen-feathered:

5. Silkies lay what color eggs?

1. Buff Orpingtons, Red Sex Links, and Black Australorps.

2. Depends on the breed, Sex Links tend to stop laying around 3 years old but other "dual purpose" breeds tend to stop around 5 or 6 years old, unless you get the odd one that lays much later.

3. Black Jersey Giant

4. Buff Orpington's.

5. Cream-colored to off-white colored.

Back
Top Bottom