Muscovy duck Q&A

Pics
So,. In one of my incubated eggs there is a black spot at embryo in the shape of a head and beak,. Which I assume is the eye and beak. But then off to the side a ways near the edge of the yolk area is another small black spot. Been trying to research and coming up empty. Does this mean it's dead and that's bacteria forming? Also,. If I make it this far,. How can I get the humidity up to the right percent during lockdown I have a hard enough time getting it between 25 and 40 percent. To get it up to 70 ish percent for a few days seems impossible.

So,. In one of my incubated eggs there is a black spot at embryo in the shape of a head and beak,. Which I assume is the eye and beak. But then off to the side a ways near the edge of the yolk area is another small black spot. Been trying to research and coming up empty. Does this mean it's dead and that's bacteria forming? Also,. If I make it this far,. How can I get the humidity up to the right percent during lockdown I have a hard enough time getting it between 25 and 40 percent. To get it up to 70 ish percent for a few days seems impossible.
Can you get a pic of the candled egg? as for raising the humidity we need @WVduckchick or @RavynFallen

Can you get a pic of the candled egg?  as for raising the humidity we need @WVduckchick
  or @RavynFallen

I love the resource availability on this website,. Everyone has expertise in different forms and we can call upon others when needed. This is a great interface. As for pics,. I can prob upload them to my profile but haven't figured out how to post to a specific forum every time I try it stays blank

I love the resource availability on this website,. Everyone has expertise in different forms and we can call upon others when needed. This is a great interface. As for pics,. I can prob upload them to my profile but haven't figured out how to post to a specific forum every time I try it stays blank
If you can put it there that would be okay. Can you see any movement at all in this egg?

Hi there! I would guess you are correct, the dark spot you see first is usually the eyes. You should also see alot of veins running along the inside of the shell. If you don't see veins, then either your light isn't bright enough, or it has quit growing. Be sure to shine down through the air cell on the fat end of the egg to get the best view. I look all around the egg, but always look thru the air cell.

Posting pics, are you mobile? Sometimes when I hit the pic icon, mobile screen will appear empty, but scroll up, and the attach link is there. A pic would definitely help.

Good luck!

Forgot the humidity question.... What kind of incubator are you using and whereabouts are you? Local conditions play a big role on humidity.

If you can put it there that would be okay.  Can you see any movement at all in this egg?

Hi there! I would guess you are correct, the dark spot you see first is usually the eyes. You should also see alot of veins running along the inside of the shell. If you don't see veins, then either your light isn't bright enough, or it has quit growing. Be sure to shine down through the air cell on the fat end of the egg to get the best view. I look all around the egg, but always look thru the air cell.

Posting pics, are you mobile? Sometimes when I hit the pic icon, mobile screen will appear empty, but scroll up, and the attach link is there. A pic would definitely help.

Good luck!

X2 on both of those, lol... if there's movement when you aren't moving the egg, then it's fine... bacteria will make the egg stink, and trust me you will recognize that if you smell it, lol...

Also, sometimes a duck emroyo will look like there's 2 different babies in it, but it's not... they can look odd til they get further along...

Oh, for lockdown humidity, sponges are great... or a small tray with a cloth folded in it filled with water... just keep adding sponges til it gets where you want it...

Back
Top Bottom