Muscovy duck Q&A

So yesterday I found the ducks nest destroyed all hay gone and 4 of the 5 eggs missing and 5th one on ground undamaged and a new 6th one in nesting box. I put the 5th back in nesting box which is marked with a 5. This morning the one that's marked with a 5 is gone and the 6th egg that was played yesterday is still there and now a 7th egg. Long story short I now only have 2 eggs in nest. What could be doing this and could it be the ducks?

So yesterday I found the ducks nest destroyed all hay gone and 4 of the 5 eggs missing and 5th one on ground undamaged and a new 6th one in nesting box. I put the 5th back in nesting box which is marked with a 5. This morning the one that's marked with a 5 is gone and the 6th egg that was played yesterday is still there and now a 7th egg. Long story short I now only have 2 eggs in nest. What could be doing this and could it be the ducks?
Where is this nest inside a secure building or out in the open? My Muscovy's have never destroyed their nests nor eaten their eggs so I am thinking you have some kind of predator. How are your scovy's acting? Do you have a game camera?

Back
Top Bottom