Muscovy Ducks' Feet Freezing?

Okay, thanks so much! I have been checking daily and this helped a lot! I put them in the old coop with plenty of straw and there is still ventilation. Thanks for the tips.

I figured it out with the shelters, one was smaller than the other so I had wanted to see which is better, but everyone has enough space in the other coop. And I also was just saying IF someone wants to just be rude and say I don't care, I'd rather not have them here. That's all, thank you!!!

Yes, it helps to be able to picture their stage of development. While most ducks seem to reach nearly adult size by 4 to 6 months, they are still finishing up developing their insides
lol.png
- so they still need a bit of extra care.

Seems to me that at that age, if they are using their energy to keep warm, they might not have enough energy to finish developing properly and "on schedule."

Please keep us posted. Glad you are enthusiastic about learning, and I realize that sometimes folks on forums can come across as rude, for any number of reasons.

I know for me, sometimes I get so worried about the ducks I don't write as carefully as it is best to do. And then I can sound bossy and rude, when I'm just worried. K, that's that.

It's okay, I know that some people don't mean to sound rude. I'm glad I found some smart people with lots of experience to give tips and help. Thank you for that!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the weather is FINALLY above freezing and the ducks are doing great!!! I haven't had any recent problems, so thank you everyone for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom