Muscovy hatching 10 days early

the claws, the sharp tooth, tail and carnicles when older.? is that what your wanting to know and
wee.gif
for Lisyla being full Scovie
also voice, girls will make a noise called trilling not honking, and boys will hiss.
Thanks Miss Lydia, you have been much help through this.

Thanks Miss Lydia, you have been much help through this.

So happy to hear and see you finally got them all together, I have to get involved in this hatch and your babies while I wait patiently for one of my 8 Muscovy girls to go broody, don't expect much out of my 3 older ones but my 5 younger will soon I hope then i can show pics.. but for now just enjoying yours and everyone elses.

I'm going to try to get in touch with other people who bought eggs from the seller around the time I got them and see what they hatched out and how long it took.

Last edited:
Just had to show you what the silly babies did today. We had a scare last night with Lisyla, it got really cold over night and she left the heated area and fell asleep and almost died. We were up most of the night warming her and making sure she was ok. I made warm mash for them and while the older ones took a bath, she decided to warm her feet.

Most of my girls had the "green sheen" to their heads as well. You can usually tell by bill color around 8 weeks.. The girls will have an orangy-brown bill while the boys have a greenish bill. Might be sooner for mallards than for rouens though!
Congrats on the babies. They're beautiful!
big_smile.png

Now I have at least 2 girls for eggs.
Still not sure about Niblet. Niblet is growing dark feathers on the top of the head that have a green sheen, but has been making nests like a female would.

Back
Top Bottom