Muscovy hatching 10 days early

Hahaha, thats one of my posts and here i am following you on this post. Small world eh!!
Glad you managed to save the little yellow one and well done him-her for warming themselves up.
ya.gif

No, thanks for pointing it out.

Oh my I bet you got scared, I hope she is still doing good today... Thats a sweet pic. Did the other 2 run her away from the heat?

Just had to show you what the silly babies did today. We had a scare last night with Lisyla, it got really cold over night and she left the heated area and fell asleep and almost died. We were up most of the night warming her and making sure she was ok. I made warm mash for them and while the older ones took a bath, she decided to warm her feet.

Why thankyou, Hopefully not too long and i will have a few more hatch out. I have a silkie chicken sitting on 5 muscovie eggs and a goose sitting on another 8 and now it seems 3 of my muscovy girls are just starting to lay in nest themselves. I normally take the eggs but the last two days i see they have started to put a few feathers in with the eggs too. Hopefully thats a sign and plus one of them covers her eggs. Ooooh its going to be a busy spring. lol

I was just looking at your birds they are very pretty.
smile.png

Last edited:
Here they are having their first swim in the tub. Niblet was tugging on my daughter's shirt wanting to go in with them! Is she being overly cautious or should he be allowed to go in with them? (Watched closely of course)

Nigella is only 1 day older than Xerxes and she is much bigger and heavier. The only thing Xerxes does that makes me think he is not pure Mallard is the head bobbing. The 2 older ducklings sound just like Niblet did when he was little. Lisyla does not sound like the others she does the trilling like a Muscovy.

Nigella is only 1 day older than Xerxes and she is much bigger and heavier. The only thing Xerxes does that makes me think he is not pure Mallard is the head bobbing. The 2 older ducklings sound just like Niblet did when he was little. Lisyla does not sound like the others she does the trilling like a Muscovy.

I think you should try Niblett with them, you'll be right there to intervene if he/she gets to rough. Cute pic.. glad to see Lisyla is doing good after your scare..

I heard back from 3 other people who ordered Muscovy eggs from the seller and one didn't get any to hatch, another ordered 20 eggs and also got a Mallard but only 4 other eggs hatched but were on time and the last person had 2 hatch early and 1 hatch on time.
I think Ebay needs to extend the time to give feedback, because by the time I found out what was wrong, it was too late to give feedback.

Back
Top Bottom