Must be my week

Rosalind

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
This week, a lot of things at work went pretty well. Then I come home one night to find this:

Newmom.jpg

Momokoskids.jpg

She's being a real good mom to them, too, leading them around today to show them the waterer, the food dishes, the treat dish. Two silver Phoenix chicks and two "mailman's kids"--I'm pretty sure the brownish one is silver Phoenix roo x the standard partridge Cochin I put in there to be the broody hen. But the white one, I have no idea where that one came from. There are three Phoenix eggshells busted open in the nest and one Cochin, so the white one is probably Phoenix...but that's a silver roo and a silver hen for sure.
Dad:
Proudpapa.jpg

He's been in the honeymoon suite with the ladies since March, so if there's a white roo Casanova getting around, he's got to be really slick about locking the barn door behind him.

I was happy enough about that, and then it got even better--went fishing for a couple of hours today, and caught these guys:
14inchcatfish.jpg

9 sunfish and 2 decent sized catfish (one 13" one 14").

Wow! Things are going well for you!! I have a broody setting right now and have my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

I love fishing!! We catch mostly Walleye and Trout around here. So far the only fishing trip mentioned was by my DH and he didn't even intend on taking me. It used to be something we did together(said it was one of the reasons he married me!) now it seems like a reason to get away, from me! Wow! Sorry! Guess I needed to vent! Better here and quick instead of taking it out on him!!
love.gif

Chick count is now up to five, with another little silver Phoenix.

And the brownish one is definitely partridge Cochin hen x silver Phoenix roo. It's already bigger than its siblings. I would love it if it turned out to be a boy--my best roo ever was a standard partridge Cochin named Hugo, and he got killed by a fisher. Another big standard-size partridge-colored Hugo with a long Phoenix tail would be the awesomest chicken ever.

Back
Top Bottom