My "broiler" chickens -pics-

Quote:
Yes, they most probably are, YAY!!
big_smile.png

It must be such a relief! I'm thinking you would definitely be seeing a difference by now, and those yellow chicks are still tiny WOO HOO!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thank you so much!
smile.png
They do love their dust baths and I have about a hundred photos of it. There isn't anything much cuter to watch than a chicken taking a dust bath!

Here's a cute action shot of George afterwards shaking the dust off. "AHHHHH, that felt GOOD!!"

dustshake.jpg

I still have not been able to get mine dust bathing! The babies are especially adorable
lol.png
Once one of our babies was taking a bath on the edge of the cage, there was a two inch drop, and she rolled right off. It was to funny!

Quote:
Thank you so much!
smile.png
They do love their dust baths and I have about a hundred photos of it. There isn't anything much cuter to watch than a chicken taking a dust bath!

Here's a cute action shot of George afterwards shaking the dust off. "AHHHHH, that felt GOOD!!"

[URL]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o82/ra_roo/dustshake.jpg[/url]

I still have not been able to get mine dust bathing! The babies are especially adorable
lol.png
Once one of our babies was taking a bath on the edge of the cage, there was a two inch drop, and she rolled right off. It was to funny!

That's cute! LOL whenever the chicks rolled off something I was always like "GASP!! Oh no!" But they were always fine.
lol.png

The dust bathing pics are actually the first time they've taken a proper dust bath! Up until now they've always preferred this

CHICKS1.jpg

the striped cushion they're sitting on. I call it their scratch pad, they loved it when their pin feathers were coming in and Greta still uses it when I put it outside for her.

Quote:
I have to agree... those neck feathers there look pretty hennish! What's the tail like?

Here's George, the one on the right.

georgeoutside.jpg

Although I suspect you guys are right! The other day I found two completely different eggs that were laid on the same day. There's a picture of them on page 2.
Since then there's been one more pale egg just like the one in the picture. Both pale eggs have been laid in the nest box, and all the brown speckled eggs have been laid on the ground.
On Sunday Greta was in the nest box and when she left there was a big pale egg in there! So she is the culprit of the new eggs! Does that mean GEORGE has been laying all the brown speckled eggs this whole time?
lol.png

I'm getting some Cornish X's in a few weeks here. Its nice to know how fast they grow. Me and another BYC member. But for meat though so we will never see them at this stage. Thanks for sharing
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png

That's cute! LOL whenever the chicks rolled off something I was always like "GASP!! Oh no!" But they were always fine.
lol.png

The dust bathing pics are actually the first time they've taken a proper dust bath! Up until now they've always preferred this

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o82/ra_roo/CHICKS1.jpg

the striped cushion they're sitting on. I call it their scratch pad, they loved it when their pin feathers were coming in and Greta still uses it when I put it outside for her.

lau.gif
Yea, I think chickens are like cats. They can fall without hurting themselves. And all babies have soft bones for that reason
gig.gif

I love it when they bask under the light. Once one got so relaxed that she was on her back with her legs sticking up in the air! I was laughing so hard. I wish they would do that more often
lau.gif

Hey raroo if your looking for a roo for your girls I have one just their size. He's a little over 20 pounds now after loosing a little weight, but he's a real ladies man. Here is a pic of the little fella!
19853_dscf3607.jpg

19853_dscf3609.jpg

The girls look very good! Nice job.

Chef

Back
Top Bottom