My Chicken Coop (New Photos)

He says that he is willing to spend $1,000 on my chickens

ep.gif

How much did you spend making that.

Oh ya and by any chance you got any plans you can send me if you have some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Roight.

I think it was because he was so hideously ugly in his avatar.

I'm sure we would have all appreciated a dreamy, pouty, boyishly roguish-looking avatar instead...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

By the way, Dalia, I think your husband loves you very much.

Quote:
Holy Hot Dogs, Batman!! Did I read that correctly?? A DH who's openly admits he's willing to spend any $ much less $1000 on the little lady's interest?? Wow! How'd you do that?? Maybe I could have mine call your's sometime??? LOL

Truth be told, many of us (myself included) have probably spent upwards of that on our chickens.

Back on topic, though........You've done a great job, Scott. It'll be the envy of all the chicken neighbors!

Ha, Ya My DD is gonna make me a coop to fit our chicks (Tommorow they'll be 3 weeks old) and on top of that were getting 12+ buff orpington eggs off ebay they should be here tommrow or saturday and will be having something to stop hand turning eggs a EGG TURNER!. My Humidty and temp. always stayed in my bator its just opening to turn the eggs always messed up humidity the most well now we dont have to worry. If anyone can give me some cheap ideas for a coop.

Quote:
I was just talking to him about these wonderful AKBASH dogs which are "flock" guardians because I read about them on the internet and they seem to be perfect to guard my house and chickens. Here is the link for all of you interested:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/akbashdog.htm

Make sure you know what you are getting into, that is a serious guard dog breed.

Last edited:
There are various phrases you hear used for certain breeds of dog. "Serious guard dog" "a lot of dog" "not for the inexperienced dog owner" etc. Dogs that have any combination of traits such as large size, protectiveness, aggression and/or dominance are a handful. They're also usually quite intelligent. Some dogs require a stronger owner and a much larger commitment to socialization and ongoing training, than other dogs. Otherwise you can end up with a dog that is a danger to other animals or people.

If you decide to go with a dog like that, you need to do a lot of work with it while it's still a puppy. Look for a really good breeder, that works to educate the owners of their puppies and has dogs with good temperaments. Get a good trainer lined up. Read everything you can. Be prepared to socialize your puppy to different animals, people and locations. Start training from day 1. You seem very committed to the creatures that you are responsible for, so I think you would do whatever it took to be successful.

Back
Top Bottom