My chicken died...this is the same one I had just posted about.

leasmom

Songster
11 Years
May 25, 2008
I found her in the run this morning...apparently a rat had gotten into the coop and they apparently all ran outside into the enclosed run, and she sat down. Either she died first where she sat or she stay outside in the cold sitting there thinking she could just sit there and survive but she is a French Caumont bird and wasn't made for the cold weather and it was very cold last night. She was slowing down anyway like she was old, and hadn't laid eggs for several months but I thought she was doing better and then to find her dead.

Hugs to you.

I just lost my 17 year old cat. It's hard to let them go isn't it?

May the memories you have warm your heart.

Love in Christ,
Gretchen

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your cat...after those many years, it must be a terrible loss for you. So very sorry.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss and also for yours, Gretchen.
sad.png

Makes ya just snuggle your fur and feather friends more doesn't it?

My 2 year old keeps asking me where Fresco is? And my 7 yr. old dd keeps informing her Fresco died and he's in heaven remember? To which my toddler replies, "Yeah, Fresco's in the dirt. He's in the dirt Mama." And I put my hand on my heart and then point to the sky and say, but his soul went to Heaven.

Now my cat's girlfriend, because they were outside cats, has followed the dogs in frequently. She's lonely. So she sits on the couch and gets lots of pets from our girls. Sometimes she goes outside to meow for him. It's so sad.

me,
g

Ohhhh, I am so sorry!!
hugs.gif
Loosing a loved one(human or not) is never easy. Take care of yourself, and one day you will see that the happy memories replace the sadness.

Back
Top Bottom