My chickens are soooo mean! Pecked the little one! Will she make it??

How did reintegrating your injured chicken go? We have one that is constantly picked on and she's my fave. We've already brought her in once a while back for being pecked and injured. Went out tonight and the coop door must have shut in the wind and she wasn't able to go in the coop for safety. :,( brought her back in the house to heal. Just wondering how you kept them from pecking the injured one more??

How did reintegrating your injured chicken go? We have one that is constantly picked on and she's my fave. We've already brought her in once a while back for being pecked and injured. Went out tonight and the coop door must have shut in the wind and she wasn't able to go in the coop for safety. :,( brought her back in the house to heal. Just wondering how you kept them from pecking the injured one more??

You might try removing a couple of the instigators instead. This could throw off the pecking order enough to give your under-dog a chance to move up. Wait for a few days then put the others back.

Back
Top Bottom