My chickens are soooo mean! Pecked the little one! Will she make it??

Many hatcheries do sell started pullets. They are a bit more expesive but you know for sure you are getting females and you could choose some closer to your injured girls age. I know Murray McMurray has them as well as Meyer, just have to check on availibility

i think that the started pullets might pick on her, i once read a story in back yard poultry that said that a young chicken got better one she was with her buddy so if i were you i would have her buddy with her.

Well she has recovered well and I think is ready to go outside, all tho her head is still not normal it is healing. She will still be separated. So if I put blu- kote on her scab will that help prevent flies getting at her? And I'm afraid to put her with her buddy bc he's a rooster and with the others now and he will peck her head bc it's not feathered over yet! I just know it! After keeping her in my bathroom for weeks I'm not going thru that again! Lol
Just wonder if it's too soon to put blu-kote on her head?? Ps I got my first egg this am from one of my rsl!!!
1f44d.png

Well she has recovered well and I think is ready to go outside, all tho her head is still not normal it is healing. She will still be separated. So if I put blu- kote on her scab will that help prevent flies getting at her? And I'm afraid to put her with her buddy bc he's a rooster and with the others now and he will peck her head bc it's not feathered over yet! I just know it! After keeping her in my bathroom for weeks I'm not going thru that again! Lol
Just wonder if it's too soon to put blu-kote on her head?? Ps I got my first egg this am from one of my rsl!!!
1f44d.png
celebrate.gif
Glad she is felling better, and congrats on the egg! You can definitely put blu-kote it, it should deter the other from pecking at it too.

Just reading all this and breaks my heart. You are such a natural at nursing things back to life! Perhaps you should do more rescuing! Good for you and so glad she is doing well. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Just an update! Her scab is completely gone. Her skin has grown in nicely and I finally have seen some new feathers forming! Also got Some new friends for her in the mail today :) all is well and she is acting like a normal chicken. Thanks again for all the help through our emergency!

good to here all is well and so reliving to those of us with a sick chicken, also congrats on the egg good, luck in the future with what ever comes up in your flock

Back
Top Bottom