My daughter has swine flu!

Robin'sBrood :

DH grew up in Dutchess county... LaGrangeville (sp?). His sister lives in Rhinebeck and his brother lives in Pleasant Valley. It is so beautiful up there!

Yes it is beautiful here. But I see you are in NC. I vacation on North Topsail Island every summer now since 1990. Talk about beautiful.
thumbsup.gif
The beach is where it's at.​

How funny, I've vacationed at Topsail, the south end, every year since 1982. Small world! DH moved to Raleigh when he was 15 (1978) when his father transferred down with IBM. I worked for the IBM credit union that DH and his parents banked with, which is how I met him. All his family that was here moved back up north, but he stayed here with me. It's nice when we get to visit Dutchess county, and Lake George!
smile.png

Hope your dd is feeling better.We have a lot of kids out with flu-like symptoms.There was 1 confirmed case of pig flu.Yesterday the health dept. came and after school gave vaccines to those families that wanted it(for H1N1).

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts. My daughter is with my parents now because my workplace has basically told me that if I stay home, I'll have to worry about keeping my job. Aarrgh!

Suzy
barnie.gif

Quote:
hu.gif
Got me, I thought they still where. It was all over the news here that tests could now be confirmed in-state and didn't have to be sent to California. Maybe it's not the CDC that is doing the testing but more local facilities?

I hope your daughter gets better soon kees!
hugs.gif
I've heard that Tamiflu really does the trick!
hugs.gif

As the other poster said they stopped testing a while ago - so all their "facts" and "figures" are bogus.

They're adding up all the regular seasonal flu folks and saying its swine flu because some of the symptoms are the same. (and better to get everyone in a panic so they'll be able to sell all that vaccine they ordered)

I hope your daughter feels better soon Kees, the only folks who seem to have more complications are those with pre-existing conditions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom