My daughter has swine flu!

kees

Crowing
15 Years
Feb 5, 2008
I picked up my daughter yesterday from a visitation with a father. She was very quiet; I figured that something had occurred at his house. My daughter said she'd tell me what was making her feel bad in the car.

She started coughing, a dry cough, every two seconds. Her body was hot and her face was flushed. She stated that her body really hurt all over. Got home, took her temperature, it was approximately 102. Gave her some Tylenol.

Thought of calling an ambulance. Decided to bring her to her regular doctor as soon as the office opened. Sure enough, she had most of the symptoms of the swine flu.

When I called her school to say that she'd be out for a couple of days, I was told that a lot of kids were out with the swine flu.

Keep your fingers crossed for the poor kid. She was up all night crying (or barely able to cry). She's on Tamiflu now with doses of Tylenol, lots of tea with lemon and honey, Chloraseptic and cough drops to swallow the phlegm.

They say that the kids get it worse than the adults. Everyone's been washing and "Purrelling" themselves, but this flu is a strong one.

Suzy
hmm.png

Get her Theraflu Warming Sensations for Flu and Sore Throat. I'm serious. It's the ONLY thing that helped. That and an ice pack all over the top of my head, back of my neck and face.

My boyfriend got the Tamiflu and I did better without it than he did with it.

FYI, nobody is testing for swine flu since August 30. they are calling this a pandemic, but how do they know if they are not testing? this vaccination in shot form has 10 times the legal dose of mercury and the LIVE nasal vaccination is a LIVE VIRUS. there are tons of viruses going around right now, probably not the swine flu and nobody knows even if a nose swab was done. the CDC is the only people who can say for sure if it is H1N1 and they refuse to test anymore. the only people they are testing are people who have passed away and have had flu like symptoms. i hope your baby feels better soon. liquid vitamins and probiotics will boost her immune system and help her fight off what ever she has:)

My nephew, a friends 2 kids and my daughters school friend were all tested. My nephew was the only one out of the 4 of them that did not have it. This was within the last 3 weeks, so they are testing for it.

ETA: Those kids ages range from 10 months to 11 years old.

Last edited:
She'll be ok and her immune system will be better for having it. Just give her lots of Mommy love and a big hug from Uncle PC.
hugs.gif

My son just spent Saturday night in the hospital with it. He has asthma so he was having trouble breathing. He's better this moring. Temp is only 100. My daughter has it now too. I'm waiting to see if DH or I get it. DH is not happy since hunting season nstarts this coming weekend. LOL

Why isn't the CDC testing for swine flu anymore? I am out of the loop, I think, because I didn't know that.

Quote:
hu.gif
Got me, I thought they still where. It was all over the news here that tests could now be confirmed in-state and didn't have to be sent to California. Maybe it's not the CDC that is doing the testing but more local facilities?

I hope your daughter gets better soon kees!
hugs.gif
I've heard that Tamiflu really does the trick!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom