My daughter has swine flu!

I'm in Orange county NY and it is going around here too. My son is over it now, but my daughter is still home sick with it. The dr did a nasal swab on both kids and they were positive for the flu, but to test positive for swine they would have to send it out, which they are not doing. They said it is most likely swine because that is the strain going around right now, seasonal flu has not hit yet. They were both given tamiflu. So who knows.
idunno.gif
All I know is that so many kids at thier school are out or being sent home with flu like symptoms. I'm sick too, but with bronchitus not the flu. Hope I dont get it. It took about a week for my son to feel better and it seems like it will be about a week for my daughter too. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon too.

I would have had all of mine vax'd for it except my Dr.'s office never had it in stock. Then Bam they got the flu! And so did the rest of us LOL! Their school is giving out free vaccines next week. Doesn't do me a lot of good now, does it...The only one who was not eligable for vaccination was 15 month old because he's allergic to eggs and to young for flu mist.

Hope she is feeling better really soon!

Thanks for the good wishes! My daughter went back to school yesterday but still has a dry cough. I hope that it doesn't last for long.

Suzy
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom