My experience with Purely Poultry

birdieluv

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2008
Eureka Springs, AR
The results of the order I placed with Purely Poultry:
June 1, 4:21 PM: Response from Purely Poultry when I asked about availability - "We have hatch dates once a week, this weeks has gone by, I am seeing some availability on next weeks, but it is going fast, and even more 6/15. You will need to place your order quickly to get these chicks before they are sold!"
--------------------------------------------------
Jun. 1, 2011 4:35 I sent Paypal payment for an order to Purely Poultry.
-----------------------------------------------------
June 1, 2011, 4:35: Order Confirmation from Purely Poultry
Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
Order Number: 22186
Date Ordered: Wednesday 01 June, 2011
--------------------------------------------------
June 7: The reply I got from Purely Poultry: "By the time I got your order in, I am sorry, they were both sold out! We will have to wait until next year now."
--------------------------------------------------------
My comment to me: So between 4:21pm and 4:35pm, you sold out? The hens suddenly and absolutely stopped laying eggs? I'm in Arkansas, which is way more south than Wisconsin and my hens lay all summer with only short breaks.
I'm not a happy camper with http://www.purelypoultry.com .
------------------------------------------------------------
Terry Rune
http://poorridgeranch.com

I'm pretty sure this is one that drop ships. That means they do not hatch their own birds but get them from other hatcheries. It sounds like they don't do a good search for what is really available until they get a confirmed order. You might check with a hatchery that does its own hatching. I don't know what they have available in the breeds you want, but Cackle is just up in Missouri from you. Ideal is also a possibility.

Good luck!

I ordered from Cackle... they shipped an extra of each bird and I only lost one of the 18 total.

The only issue I had was their phone lines are always busy... I was VERY pleased and my chicks are doing great.

I've ordered from Cackle a lot and have been very pleased! They actually have to get MORE incubators because they have more orders coming in every year!

I just don't want to support Drop ship hatcherys when I can get them from the hatchery that's actually hatching them instead.

ETA: What kind of breeds were you ordering?

Last edited by a moderator:
Purely Poultry just orders from Ideal and Ideal ships to you. They seem like they've got a bit of a time lapse- where they think something is available, they'll try and get the order from Ideal but Ideal will be out. Same thing happened with my silver laced Wyandottes. A large number of my order died as well. I'm going back to Cackle, did not lose any from that batch, and i got what I ordered.

Cackle is great. ...I have had the runaround with ideal...some stuff they told me was available....place an order....then sorry it will be 2 months.....all of the cackle chicks I bought for my sister are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom