my first eggs!! who laid them?

Hi everybody I'm back! Nice looking eggs there. I got four more gals but I'm only getting one egg out of them every other day. More pics coming soon.

I am getting 5 eggs a day don't know who is not laying I entered my coop on efowl and won 2nd place. I now have a bear in the area, I worry about my girls cause they are extremely friendly and may get eaten, so my husband stands guard watching them, we also have a trap set for a ferrel cat, it's always something. I have been selling my eggs for $2.00 to help with the cost of feed, which is helping since I am disabled and my husband retired. Hope all of you are doing good and that your little babies are healthy and safe, keep sending posts/pictures.

Deerchic, that looks like a safe coop! I have had my girls for just a month and I cant wait to get more eggs. I think in another month there will be more of them laying. We have bears in this area but so far not at our house. The nearby town does use 'bear proof' trash containers. We do have coons, foxes and probably most other predators here. I had chickens about 15 years ago and we lost them all. We have done our best this time to make a safer place for them.

Back
Top Bottom