My first hawk attack today and dealing with the guilt....

We have battery operated game cameras-I am totally putting one inside coop to see if the girls are even sorta starting to check out nest boxes! :)

Does this just go thru your wireless router?
Do you have to be connected to the internet for it to work?

My coop is 200 feet from my wireless router and working fine. I knew it would because I can get on my wifi with my laptop from inside the coop. I have read that it has a 300 foot range...but I don't know if it would work that far. I've read on the Amazon reviews that people buy better antennas for them so that the can get reception further distances.

And it's live video feed not just pictures. It has sound as well, so you can here what is going on in the coop, and you can talk to your chickens and really freak them out if you are so inclined.
lau.gif

Last edited:
How is your hen? Is she doing well?

I was driving down the road this afternoon and saw 5 or 6 BIG hawks circling and swooping, so I slowed down to see what they were up to. I saw that they were circling and swooping a chicken coop run, but thankfully I could see that they had the top of the run covered with what looked like bird netting. The chickens did not look upset or frightened about the intruders, I guess they must have been use to them, but I was sure surprised to see so many of them aggressively haunting that chicken run! Hopefully the bird netting holds up!

Last edited:
She is great! Thank you! All her wounds are scabbed over and healing. She is laying and all is back to normal.
I'm so glad to hear it! You did a great job with her!

I added a whole paragraph to that last post concerning hawk sightings today, but I don't think you saw it because I think you answered at the same time I was adding a paragraph to the post..

I'm so glad to hear it! You did a great job with her!

I added a whole paragraph to that last post concerning hawk sightings today, but I don't think you saw it because I think you answered at the same time I was adding a paragraph to the post..

Wow! That is a lot of hawks! I still have them in the tractor though I did let them out to run a bit yesterday...about 45 minutes with 2 of us out there keeping them together, right by us and looking up the entire time. They must forget or be forgiving as they acted like nothing happened. We only have a few days left of grass showing due to snow so we want them to have some free time before being cooped up for 6 months...wish I had the money to scoop them up and move them to a nice southern home for the winter...along with myself!

Quote: I wish there was one you didn't need to go thru the web with.
I have DSL internet that comes in thru the landline and then goes wireless via a router to my laptop.
I figured the camera signal could go thru the router directly to my laptop....but just don't know enough to make it work.

I wish there was one you didn't need to go thru the web with.
I have DSL internet that comes in thru the landline and then goes wireless via a router to my laptop.
I figured the camera signal could go thru the router directly to my laptop....but just don't know enough to make it work.
It would work. I set mine up by plugging it in the house directly to my DSL via an internet cable first. After it was set up, I added the wireless by simply typing in the password. It tells you how to do it in the directions It was easy,

1. plug in camera with power cord and internet
2. run the software cd on your laptop
3. add the wireless, there are directions, it is easy
4. unplug the internet cable to make sure the wireless is working
5. Move the camera to the coop and set it up.

Back
Top Bottom