MY HEN CROWS!!!!

OneDirectioner

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 25, 2012
I am here!
please answer my hen she crows!! and i know she is a hen she lays eggs! she did the egg squat and laid the first egg!! but........
SHE CROWS??? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?????
hide.gif

Do you have a rooster? Often a hen will take the role as the rooster, will crow, breed her sisters, and sometimes turn into a rooster with rooster parts. Its not that uncommon, although it is, its not unheard of and is natural. Course she may stop laying eggs and your hens may start laying fertile eggs but... I doubt it
big_smile.png

I am soooo glad you posted this! I have three indoor chickens. I have had all three for over a year. A mom ( she is a rescue) and two of her daughters.. My daughter told me that while Im at work in the morning my one girl crows. I thought she was unsure about what she was hearing. This morning Im going into work late and there it was! She was on her perch crowing away! Had the crow stance and everything! I have watched eggs come out of this girl! Many eggs! She is a Bantum so thank goodness its not an echjoing crow but still! Glad its not just mine!

D.gif
yeah haha my Sussex used to walk around the yard and "crow" in the late morning until someone came out and payed attention to her. It's funny because she would only do it if Cocoa, my other hen, was in the coop still AND when someone did come out she only walked by ya and kept and eye out for you. She never was much of a cuddler!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom