My new Ducklings won't eat, drink, or play in their little bath. Help?

I may be completely off the mark here but the first thing that pops into my head is that it could be the red light is throwing them off, especially if they had something different at the place you bought them.  What color of heat lamp bulb were they using at tractor supply

They were using the same kind of lamp I do, a red heat lamp.

No....Good question though ..:)
Red light soothes Birds...Why it helps with Chicken chicks...Actually all Baby animals...Piglets. Sheep, goats...etc....With Chicks it helps to stop picking..:)

OP has other changes to make..Simple ones too..:).....

Cheers!

No....Good question though ..:)
Red light soothes Birds...Why it helps with Chicken chicks...Actually all Baby animals...Piglets. Sheep, goats...etc....With Chicks it helps to stop picking..:)

OP has other changes to make..Simple ones too..:).....

Cheers!

So the DuMor chick starter is bad for them? I've always used a red light for my chicks.

If it is medicated you cant feed it too Ducklings....Chicks are fine...I do not know what that brand is?.....I use Pro-form feeds...
Depends on what the medication is. Amprolium is completely safe for ducklings. It's the older coccidia drugs that used to be used in feeds that are harmful to ducks. If the feed is medicated with amprolium, it's fine to give to ducks.

That is not the problem then. I've only ever seen white being used in our local feed/farm stores for them, that's why I asked. Also, I agree with what junebuggena said about the placement of their heat, and food & water, and brooder size.

Last edited:

That is not the problem then.  I've only ever seen white being used in our local feed/farm stores for them, that's why I asked.  Also, I agree with what junebuggena said about the placement of their heat, and food & water, and brooder size. 

I use red bulbs all the time....:)....They are fine...;)

Back
Top Bottom