My old dog passed away today.

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
So My old sammie the dog who is 15 years old, was diganosed this week with kidney disease. He was starting to go down hill, pretty fast. I was putting him on a special diet. I mostly had to hand feed him. Today was like any other day. I let him outside to pee and came back in with him. He layed on the floor in the kitchen, and he took a few breathes then died. So quickly so sudden. I have never witnessed such peace. He is now in a better place, feeling better and running just the way he should. I loved him sooo much. He had my mothers dogs, his wife and sammie was the father of 2 boys, (who also already passed away) so he was met in doggie heaven by them.
I will always remember great memories with him. So many... tears falling... Its so hard, but I have to remain strong for my 2 little kids, as i find time alone to grieve.
r.i.p. sammie, sambone, sammie cha cha .. so many names for a wonderful pet.
Heres a photo a few years ago..

andrea-

Last edited:
So glad to hear that he at least went over the Rainbow Bridge quickly and peacefully.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Poor thing, so sorry for your loss. Coming from someone who used to be a kid...remember that it's okay to grieve with your kids!
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost a dear friend today. It's never easy to loose someone who's been an important part of your life for so long, and it's ok to cry and grieve, even in front of the kiddos.

hugs.gif
RIP Sammie. I can tell that he was well loved. Yes, grieving with the kids is one more gift Sammie can give to all of you.

thank you for all your kind words. I made a memorial for sammie on rainbow bridge. So he will be remembered. Its such a great site. Long ago I posted my rabbit their, lady (that was her name).
I went to work today, and cried my eyes out. Talking about it helps, just hurts still. I cried on my drive home,,, so many fond memories. Thanks again for all your kind words. I dont go on byc as much as I used to. But i love checking in once in a while. take care.

fondly,
andrea

Back
Top Bottom