My Pet Chicken / Gabbard Farms Hatching Eggs BEWARE!!!

I would not order hatching eggs from mypetchicken.com. You can read my experience in another thread. They don't care.

I am right there with you on My Pet Chicken. I ordered some day-old chicks from them and I'm very angry to report they sent me ALL SPLASH, not blue or black Ameraucana. If I'd ordered hatching eggs, I'd be fine with hatching out splash instead (because it's a gamble with eggs), but to send me splash CHICKS which are obviously splash and not blue or black is absolutely unacceptable! They think that their disclaimer about blue/black Ameraucana hatching eggs covers day-old chicks, but it doesn't, in my opinion, since you can tell just by looking at them what COLOR they are! I ordered blue and black and I got ALL splash. I'm so very angry. I will never, ever, EVER order from My Pet Chicken again.

I am sorry to hear that you have had disappointing experiences with our hatching eggs previously. As of the 2015 season, we have severed ties with our previous supplier and are now offering eggs from two new, outstanding farms.

These farms are focusing on in demand breeds. Our customers are very happy and our hatching rates are excellent. The breeding farms focus on hardiness, egg size, and meeting breed standards. Our Black Copper eggs are dark brown, our Cream Legbar eggs are bright blue, and our Ameraucanas are 100% real Ameraucanas.

As a fellow Hatch-a-holic I understand the risks and have shared your joys and pains of ordering hatching eggs and having them shipped. Like many of you, I have had 0/12 hatch many times.

As a way to "introduce" our new breeders, I would like to offer ANY BYC member a 10% off discount for any of our Hatching Eggs . Please simply call in and allow our phone peeps to help you place your order and 10% of the purchase price (before shipping and taxes) will be discounted from your purchase.

You can reach us (with patience) toll-free at 888-460-1529, between the hours of 10A. and 6P, Monday through Friday EST.

This offer will only be active through November 15th, 2015.

Alex

My Pet Chicken

I am right there with you on My Pet Chicken. I ordered some day-old chicks from them and I'm very angry to report they sent me ALL SPLASH, not blue or black Ameraucana. If I'd ordered hatching eggs, I'd be fine with hatching out splash instead (because it's a gamble with eggs), but to send me splash CHICKS which are obviously splash and not blue or black is absolutely unacceptable! They think that their disclaimer about blue/black Ameraucana hatching eggs covers day-old chicks, but it doesn't, in my opinion, since you can tell just by looking at them what COLOR they are! I ordered blue and black and I got ALL splash. I'm so very angry. I will never, ever, EVER order from My Pet Chicken again.
I'm so sorry that you were unhappy with your order of Ameraucanas. I'm quite jealous, I would love to get an order of 100% Splash, I always end up with all black! I find that they are the most stunning of the 3 colors.

We don't separate them by color because they are still true to the breed. Only selling the 'blue' chicks would be a potential waste of life. If we were to breed 100% blue we would be much more limited on our availability.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I'm so sorry that you were unhappy with your order of Ameraucanas. I'm quite jealous, I would love to get an order of 100% Splash, I always end up with all black! I find that they are the most stunning of the 3 colors.

We don't separate them by color because they are still true to the breed. Only selling the 'blue' chicks would be a potential waste of life. If we were to breed 100% blue we would be much more limited on our availability.

Alex
My Pet Chicken
That was quite possibly the most insulting reply I've ever received from a company. You apologize that I'm not happy, ignore the fact your company was deceptive, and then dismiss my anger by telling me how happy YOU would be to get all splash chickens? Is THAT the level of customer service you boast? Because YOU would be happy with splash, I should also be happy with splash? Thanks for completely ignoring my wishes and my complaint.

"Only selling the 'blue' chicks would be a potential waste of life."
Not true, and you contradict yourself by saying this. You yourself have stated "
I would love to get an order of 100% Splash" and I know you're not alone, so there is no waste of life here. I would get my blue and black, YOU would get your splash. I hope you realize by selling me all splash, they will ALL be culled (or if we choose to keep feeding a bird we consider to be useless to our flock's intention, they will be slaughtered for food.) You talk about a waste of life, yet you sent a whole flock of unwanted birds here to die, when all you had to do was open your eyes and say, "Yup, that's a splash, we better replace it with a blue or black one."

Also, to add insult to injury, now that the chickens are older, I'm stuck with a ROOSTER of another breed when I paid extra for all females. Once again, this proves that My Pet Chicken is NOT a company I will continue to do business with. Dishonest, unscrupulous, dismissive, and unwilling to own up to their mistakes.

That was quite possibly the most insulting reply I've ever received from a company. You apologize that I'm not happy, ignore the fact your company was deceptive, and then dismiss my anger by telling me how happy YOU would be to get all splash chickens? Is THAT the level of customer service you boast? Because YOU would be happy with splash, I should also be happy with splash? Thanks for completely ignoring my wishes and my complaint.

"Only selling the 'blue' chicks would be a potential waste of life."
Not true, and you contradict yourself by saying this. You yourself have stated "
I would love to get an order of 100% Splash" and I know you're not alone, so there is no waste of life here. I would get my blue and black, YOU would get your splash. I hope you realize by selling me all splash, they will ALL be culled (or if we choose to keep feeding a bird we consider to be useless to our flock's intention, they will be slaughtered for food.) You talk about a waste of life, yet you sent a whole flock of unwanted birds here to die, when all you had to do was open your eyes and say, "Yup, that's a splash, we better replace it with a blue or black one."

Also, to add insult to injury, now that the chickens are older, I'm stuck with a ROOSTER of another breed when I paid extra for all females. Once again, this proves that My Pet Chicken is NOT a company I will continue to do business with. Dishonest, unscrupulous, dismissive, and unwilling to own up to their mistakes.

My reply was in no way intended to insult you. I was speaking to my own preferences, and did not intend to discredit your concerns.

If your preference had been indicated on your order, in the 'Order Notes' section provided to our customers to table questions or concerns, we would have been able to clear up any confusion before your chicks shipped.

Please note however, it is indicated on our ordering page that this breed hatches BBS and your order will be a random selection of all color variations.

For your reference, here is a link to the ordering page and a snapshot of our disclaimer.

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Day-Old-Baby-Chicks/Blue-Ameraucana-p1227.aspx

Since your requirements are so stringent, I would recommond finding a local breeder to meet your needs.

As for your rooster, My Pet Chicken has very generous policies and will refund your purchase price on any incorrectly sexed birds reported in the appropriate time frame.
You can view our 100% sexing guarantee here:
http://www.mypetchicken.com/about-our-company/policy/return-policy.aspx

If your order is still within the reporting period, I urge you to private message us with your order information so we can initiate a refund.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I recently ordered three blue silkies from My Pet Chicken. I was so HAPPY that all three are a bit different in color. One is a splash (YAY.. I was hoping for one!!). One is a light blue and the other is a darker color.. perhaps grey around the head but the body has spots of colors. They are beautiful. I was told in advance that the blues could be splash or black or blue. They are only two weeks old as of now, but I can't wait to see their final colors when they are full grown. I paid more for them to be sex'd as female, but I do know that there is a 10% chance that one could be male. Overall I have been very happy with My Pet Chicken. I will be ordering from them again.

My only complaint is that there isn't a way to know when certain chicks become available. I have to check their website a lot. I've narrowed it down to certain days and times. It'd be nice to be able to put together an order in advance and be notified via text that they are available for the next 10 minutes if I wanted to order them. Or even have the system auto-order them for me.

Regardless, my chicks are very healthy and happy. I am grateful that MPC exist. I can't find any other place that will sex bantams. After ending up with 20 roosters out of the 24 straight run I bought locally last spring, this experience has been soooooooooo nice. Highly recommend. I will also add in that I do not have any affiliation with them other than my one time order.

I ordered 9 eggs and 12 arrived 3 extras.I had a 100% hatch rate with the eggs sent to me? I must be just very lucky I guess.

Back
Top Bottom