My rooster is not well

Can i use it? I ordered it?
I've never heard of that antibiotic "cocktail" around here. See, you have different stuff where you are. And, again, I don't know what you're treating, not with any certainty. If he has not been exposed to other birds (he's your only chicken, right? You have no other birds of any kind?), then I'm not sure what he actually can catch. Newcastle is transmitted from other birds. I'm completely at a loss now for what your rooster has going on. Whoever told you he has Newcastle really can't do that without an actual test, BUT Newcastle is caused by a VIRUS, not a bacteria, so antibiotics cannot treat Newcastle. NO antibiotic will treat any virus. Yet, I'm not convinced at all that the rooster ever had Newcastle since it's almost always, from what I've read, fatal.

Can i use it? I ordered it?
No idea what that is, have never heard of that combination. BUT, you must understand something-antibiotics will NOT affect ANY virus. Newcastle is a VIRUS and it's almost always fatal. I don't think your rooster had Newcastle because he would not be with you now if that's what was wrong, in my opinion, BUT no one can say what he has or doesn't have without an actual test. I'm at a loss now as to what he has or doesn't have. If he's your only bird, not sure what he could actually catch since most diseases are transmitted from other birds.

ETA: Sorry for this post-my other one disappeared and I thought it was completely gone, guess we have glitches on BYC lately.

Last edited:
I'm confused... This all started back in May with bumblefoot? Was the bumble ever treated? Then a month ago it was respiratory?

The Tylofurcin will probably treat most bacterial infection, but will not treat any viral infections, which speckledhen already stated.

-Kathy

I'm confused... This all started back in May with bumblefoot? Was the bumble ever treated? Then a month ago it was respiratory?

The Tylofurcin will probably treat most bacterial infection, but will not treat any viral infections, which speckledhen already stated.

-Kathy

then what I'm suppose to do? I want to use it for his eyes? his eyes are kind of closing & they're watery with bubbles & you said me to see antibiotic on that site? so i ordered it from there

-Kathy

then what I'm suppose to do? I want to use it for his eyes? his eyes are kind of closing & they're watery with bubbles & you said me to see antibiotic on that site? so i ordered it from there

You could try using it.

Question for you... Do you have a kitchen scale? If yes, how much does he weigh? If no, can you buy a kitchen scale and start weighing him?

-Kathy

I've never heard of that antibiotic "cocktail" around here. See, you have different stuff where you are.  And, again, I don't know what you're treating, not with any certainty. If he has not been exposed to other birds (he's your only chicken, right? You have no other birds of any kind?), then I'm not sure what he actually can catch. Newcastle is transmitted from other birds. I'm completely at a loss now for what your rooster has going on. Whoever told you he has Newcastle really can't do that without an actual test, BUT Newcastle is caused by a VIRUS, not a bacteria, so antibiotics cannot treat Newcastle. NO antibiotic will treat any virus. Yet, I'm not convinced at all that the rooster ever had Newcastle since it's almost always, from what I've read, fatal.

No no, I'm using this antibiotic for his eyes. not for the new castle that i mentioned above. & no i asked you bout the Newcastle i was actually confirming it, but if you're saying it's not the Newcastle then it must be just a neck injury?

No idea what that is, have never heard of that combination. BUT, you must understand something-antibiotics will NOT affect ANY virus. Newcastle is a VIRUS and it's almost always fatal. I don't think your rooster had Newcastle because he would not be with you now if that's what was wrong, in my opinion, BUT no one can say what he has or doesn't have without an actual test. I'm at a loss now as to what he has or doesn't have. If he's your only bird, not sure what he could actually catch since most diseases are transmitted from other birds.

ETA: Sorry for this post-my other one disappeared and I thought it was completely gone, guess we have glitches on BYC lately.

It's okay i understood that :)
& no I'm
Glad it's not Newcastle as you said its fatal, then it is injury I'm sure bout that. & that antibiotic is for his eyes & is it gonna work? because I'm really worried bout his eyes
as his one eye is nearly closed

yes it was treated by a vet but he lost a lot of blood during that surgery & it was almost a risky surgery, but he removed that & but he has something still there, in his both feet i guess but the vet said if you risk another surge the can die since he's very sensitive

-Kathy

How do I use it? :(
I've no idea? 4gm how much is that? And do I've to mix it in water?

Back
Top Bottom