My serama breeding, and showing project!

Update on annabeths broodiness!

There are three internal pips now, Probably more to come, I think I will have some pips tomorrow, Hope they hatch fast! Tomorrow is day 23!

Hi everyone, there are some pretty birds here
But one question how big should the nestboxes be??

Thankyou

I use a variety of sizes and shapes. Anywhere from a cereal bowl for my smaller hens to 12 X 12 nest boxes to salad bowls, dog dishes, and anything else I can find. My B hens could use an 8 X 8, but I think you'd have better luck going a bit bigger. I have great luck getting hens to go broody; the variety of nest sites helps with that.

Sorry I didn't see this and I meant an 8"x8" nestbox my run design is 5'x3' and coop would be 3'x2'.im planning on 3 hens and a roo

that size is probably enough, I wouldnt expand too much.

annabeth has now hatched two Chicks, And has one pip, that will start zipping soon!

Hi guys
I've got another question about genetics.so, percentages of chicks, what percentage of chicks would be smooth and sillies with a silkied roo and three smooth hens,a smooth roo and two silkied and one smooth hen, a smooth roo with one silkied and two smooth hens and would a silkied with silkied create 100% silkied or a mix
Thank you

Hi guys
I've got another question about genetics.so, percentages of chicks, what percentage of chicks would be smooth and sillies with a silkied roo and three smooth hens,a smooth roo and two silkied and one smooth hen, a smooth roo with one silkied and two smooth hens and would a silkied with silkied create 100% silkied or a mix
Thank you

I asked similar questions on frizzle genetics. The realm of chicken genetics is unsure and very confusing on some issues. To give an answer to the questions you have to ask an experienced breeder who knew about dominant, incomplete dominant, codominant, recessive genes, sex-linked genetics. And then there are modifier genes. In the end you may have to learn from experience, as I am doing with frizzle. Good luck. I really do hope that someone can give you answers.

Hi guys
Thank you

I asked similar questions on frizzle genetics. The realm of chicken genetics is unsure and very confusing on some issues. To give an answer to the questions you have to ask an experienced breeder who knew about dominant, incomplete dominant, codominant, recessive genes, sex-linked genetics. And then there are modifier genes. In the end you may have to learn from experience, as I am doing with frizzle. Good luck. I really do hope that someone can give you answers.
I don't really know much about the genetics yet, I think that @Ra_ May know, they breed silkied seramas.

Back
Top Bottom