My serama breeding, and showing project!

Ok thank you for the answers I'll message Ra
no Problem!

I messaged ra and they said a silkie x smooth will give roughly 50/50 and silkie x silkie would give 95%silkied birds
interesting. I have a notebook of stuff for genetics and such That I am trying to keep track of so I can learn from Experience!

I have a question: do Serema bantams go broody often? I have a bantam I suspect to be a Serema and I wanted to know. She has gone broody twice before I think.

They go broody a TON! Post a pic of your hen and we can see what we think!
Wow! What do Buff Seramas look like?
I would google it!

They are Beautiful pictures!
Thank you!

Broody hatch under annabeth is done (I think) She isn't really wanting to sit on the last few eggs anymore, So I won't make her. But I have 5 Awesome chicks! So far my plan is to sell the two, Keep two, Then grow out the third to see if I like it, then If I do like it I Will hopefully keep it, or I will sell it at the show in november!

I got some pics from today of chicks!

Mom Sunbathing here, She was THRILLED To be out of the coop!

Looking over the chicks

Just a funny face I got!

Now for all of the Individual pics!!!

All of these chicks are from @shahtir101 This chick was chick #4

Chick #4 Again, water bottle for size

This ones name is Oscer the grouch, for how grumpy he looks sometimes. This one is chick #5, He hatched last night

This one does not have a name, it is chick #1

This is chick #3

All together

I just realized that I didn't get a pic of chick #2, But you can see the brown one in the back in the last pic.

[COLOR=333333]I got some pics from today of chicks![/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] Mom Sunbathing here, She was THRILLED To be out of the coop![/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] Looking over the chicks[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] Just a funny face I got![/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Now for all of the Individual pics!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] All of these chicks are from @shahtir101 This chick was chick #4[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Chick #4 Again, water bottle for size[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] This ones name is Oscer the grouch, for how grumpy he looks sometimes. This one is chick #5, He hatched last night[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]This one does not have a name, it is chick #1[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]This is chick #3[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]All together[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]I just realized that I didn't get a pic of chick #2, But you can see the brown one in the back in the last pic.[/COLOR]
They are so cute!

Lucky! My chicks either try to stay away from the camera or get up real close to see what the shiny thing is. My chick pics are never good! :D

Last edited:
I got some pics from today of chicks!

Now for all of the Individual pics!!!

All of these chicks are from @shahtir101 This chick was chick #4

Chick #4 Again, water bottle for size

This ones name is Oscer the grouch, for how grumpy he looks sometimes. This one is chick #5, He hatched last night
Curious Prizepete-I'm trying to breed for smaller size. My latest chicks hatched at 12 grams and 22 grams at two weeks. How does this compare to yours? Your chicks look so tiny...

Curious Prizepete-I'm trying to breed for smaller size. My latest chicks hatched at 12 grams and 22 grams at two weeks. How does this compare to yours? Your chicks look so tiny...

I think it is the size of the eggs that they hatch from. Both of the parents of these birds are size a or micro...so that might have something to do with that.

Back
Top Bottom