My serama breeding, and showing project!

Lucky! My chicks either try to stay away from the camera or get up real close to see what the shiny thing is. My chick pics are never good!
big_smile.png
Thanks! its best to take them when they are sleepy, when they are kind of bedded down for the night, Its pretty much useless to try and do it when they are all running around!

Curious Prizepete-I'm trying to breed for smaller size. My latest chicks hatched at 12 grams and 22 grams at two weeks. How does this compare to yours? Your chicks look so tiny...
I will go weigh In just one sec, my scale is kinda weird right now, Hopfully it will work for me!

I think it is the size of the eggs that they hatch from. Both of the parents of these birds are size a or micro...so that might have something to do with that.

I think some of your birds are solid Bs... which ones are micos?

Last edited:
Thanks! its best to take them when they are sleepy, when they are kind of bedded down for the night, Its pretty much useless to try and do it when they are all running around!

I will go weigh In just one sec, my scale is kinda weird right now, Hopfully it will work for me!

I think some of your birds are solid Bs... which ones are micos?

Most are bs. I would say daphne is a micro and truffles is class a

Most are bs. I would say daphne is a micro and truffles is class a

ok cool.

Ok I weighed chicks, Remember, my scale sometimes weighs weird, so it could be wrong, but here are the weights

Chick 1-weighs 20 grams, keep in mind this chick is now 7 days old
Chick 2 weighs 21 grams
Chick 3 weighs 15 grams
Chick 4 weighs 13 grams
Chick 5 weighs a tiny 10 grams

I could be wrong but these chicks where all hatched with in 5 days. So they do weigh different bc of ages

ok cool. 

Ok I weighed chicks, Remember, my scale sometimes weighs weird, so it could be wrong, but here are the weights

Chick 2 weighs 21 grams
Chick 3 weighs 15 grams
Chick 4 weighs 13 grams

I could be wrong but these chicks where all hatched with in 5 days. So they do weigh different bc of ages

That's great! They are super tiny!

That's great! They are super tiny!

ok cool.

Chick 2 weighs 21 grams
Chick 3 weighs 15 grams
Chick 4 weighs 13 grams

Small for sure. I'm still waiting for a 10 gram at hatch. I had one hatch last night from two small parents. I'll check tonight when I get home. This chick is from the egg that was knocked out of the nest. Stone cold when I found it; quite the surprise to find it hatched this morning.

I think it is the size of the eggs that they hatch from. Both of the parents of these birds are size a or micro...so that might have something to do with that.

It would be reasonable to think so-provided the rooster is small, but the genetics on serama are all over the place and I'm seeing a huge variety in chick sizes from the same hen/rooster and the same egg size.

Small for sure. I'm still waiting for a 10 gram at hatch. I had one hatch last night from two small parents. I'll check tonight when I get home. This chick is from the egg that was knocked out of the nest. Stone cold when I found it; quite the surprise to find it hatched this morning.
yay! These weights are at about 1 week old, give or take a day or two

Ok Guys, Update!

A friend Hatched a few eggs for me because for some reason I am not able to... She gave me a pullet and a cockerel, The cockerel Is an Annabeth Baby, and is looking barred, The pullet is a pebbles baby, Not sure what color she is going to be. I also Got a Silkied serama Baby From @shahtir101 , This one is looking pretty good! I will post pics in Just a min! The babies are looking pretty good so far!

Ok Guys, Update! 

A friend Hatched a few eggs for me because for some reason I am not able to... She gave me a pullet and a cockerel, The cockerel Is an Annabeth Baby, and is looking barred, The pullet is a pebbles baby, Not sure what color she is going to be. I also Got a Silkied serama Baby From @shahtir101
, This one is looking pretty good! I will post pics in Just a min! The babies are looking pretty good so far!

Can't wait to see how the silkied Serama grows out!

Back
Top Bottom