my very own micro farm

Pics
very nice idea for the feed...cant wait to see it and the set up up close...im excited to get some hot sunny climate for this skin..maybe ill come back with a farmer tan...hahaha

You say tan I'm thinking more of a burn. :) putting the feeder together today was fun. It came out exactly how I saw in :my head. Although now I can see how to reattach it and make if looked seemed with the wire like the rest of the coop.
Definitely still working on getting things off the ground. Never occurred to me I would have more than 4 chickens. Each project done is one more in the right direction. Lol
Bit of a thunderstorm here earlier. Some unexpected rain and a little lighting and what follows. Had to scatter a bit when I got home for tools.

Got all the bits and pieces to build one of those self sifting worm bins.might put it together later today. See how it goes and I'll probably do more. Currently filling boxes and cleaning out the duck pond.
Harvested a good amount of mint a few fays ago and its split between a few jars here and at work. Stubborn stuff just wants to keep growing. Probably going to trim my tarragon back to it gets lush super fast.

well keep up the great work...i need to order more mealworms as mine are all beatles now...also got tons of seeds for the garden this year so cant wait...midnight and making boiled fresh eggs...lol

@birdman55 just saw a set of 5 Hona eggs on auction on here starting at 75$. Maybe you also saw it. I know you have your hands full currently. lol, just wanted to mention. Your Chicks look great btw, there's going to be so many soon.

Also didn't get the screen set up. Spent the day working on the compost, boxes and pond. 4 boxes are ready for planting. And my compost is nearly sorted to move the new pile into its place. Seriously so much digging. The ducks are happy with the water change. I swear they love the well water almost as much as I do.

Last edited:
Not so successful on my first sift free worm bin. Cracked alot of the plastic and cut to far for the bolts and nuts, all that's holding it on is gorilla epoxy. We'll see how that goes in the morning. Not hopeful at this point. Other than that got my weed eating started today. 2 1/2 acres total to do. That's a lot of grass...about 2' tall around the edge of my old planter boxes.
The chicks got some free range today in the main run while the rest of the chickens were still present. Seems to be going well. Only a few I'm in charge pecks from the girls at this point and everyone seems to be going about their own business. 7 weeks old at this point and fitting in or sticking to themselves lol.

I will now be letting them out every morning with the rest of the chickens until they are big enough to get up on the roost, then they are on their own and the cage is out until I get a broody.:)
One of the Swedes nudged the mallard hen out of the nest to lay an egg today. Not sure how that's going to work out in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom