my very own micro farm

Pics
Sadly the cuts are what they are and there's nothing to reattach. Gotta love the family tho, mom is running errands and one of my best buds is over to give a hand with whatever, which currently is mostly just bsing. Helps keep me distracted I guess. Definitely trying to stay positive.
Thanks for the support all
Onward and upward
Attimus

Sadly the cuts are what they are and there's nothing to reattach. Gotta love the family tho, mom is running errands and one of my best buds is over to give a hand with whatever, which currently is mostly just bsing. Helps keep me distracted I guess. Definitely trying to stay positive.
Thanks for the support all
Onward and upward
Attimus
Distraction can be good..... and good drugs for pain, use them so your body can rest and heal....hang in there.

...man i so didnt think you were serious on the phone the other day....bummer man....so sorry to hear this....so i guess you are typing one handed....and my guess this happened to your left hand....bummer...did they reattach anything by chance....so sorry....if i could send some of my birds up to help i so would but i dont know how much help they would be...i broke two knuckles, one on each hand that last day i spoke with you...and i tried to box my male pit...lets say that is just as bad as a table saw....i so didnt win....so i have two broken bones and a nice piercing....thru one of my fingers....man my male is so tough.....bad thing is he so told me to he didnt wanna play...push the line and then bam....finger in the mouth....still puffy with a big hole thru it...but he still loves me...he is right behind me, typing like two feet from me on the ground...acting like hes sleeping...hahaha....atleast i know he is one tough cookie.

Oh its as serious as can be. Still havent brought myself to look at the pictures, maybe when the pain stops. The meds are doing what they can but this is an interesting pain. Even the xray is a little much. Getting it rewrapped and dressed tomorrow and got my appt. Set up for Monday. Hard to stay focused right now.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right.
Onward and upward
Attimus

Oh its as serious as can be. Still havent brought myself to look at the pictures, maybe when the pain stops. The meds are doing what they can but this is an interesting pain. Even the xray is a little much. Getting it rewrapped and dressed tomorrow and got my appt. Set up for Monday. Hard to stay focused right now.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right.
Onward and upward
Attimus
Breathe in...breathe out.

Is it your dominant hand?
When you first posted I figured knife in the work kitchen.

Breathe in...breathe out.

Is it your dominant hand?
When you first posted I figured knife in the work kitchen.

Haha breathing is about all I can do right now. Would a been no sweat if it was a work cut, been a few of those in the last 15 years of food and I've managed. Easy when you hold the sharp thing with your good hand. It was my dominant hand this time. And more serious than a knife could do hence no tips to save.

A lot going on with the hand and all. Few projects on hold. Pond directly but qberts pen as well. Still needs a door and some roosts. Plans kinda changed with that anyway. Duck has a diaper now and can stay on the porch and in the house freely and the bantams are going to move into that pen. They are really social and it'll be nice having them in the front of the house.
My moms been helping out a lot since the injury. Mostly with the baby but yesterday she finished it got close to finishing the last 7 holes, 2 might need a little work still. But forward movement while I'm incapacitated is always greatly appreciated. Now to get those last poles up and filled. Lol.
Oh ya also dumped about 20 buckets if compost onto my pile. A few were liquid. Not pretty. And the smell......quick tip for anyone just starting out with composting that wants to build it quickly. Ask restruaunts for their prep waste. It'll add up fast. Most of them already have buckets they could use as well but just throw away.
Heres the wrapped fingers. Getting em cleaned and rewrapped today.

Not brave enough for the bloody ones yet and don't know if I will be.
Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Oh geeze... take pics at the docs when unwrapped...if you can bear it.

Don't mess around with anything that could cause infection at this point, not worth the risk.
Just sit and breathe...and heal ;-)

Back
Top Bottom