my very own micro farm

Pics
Really been pushing myself to get this guy done in the hours before work.

Electrical is a go, walked in the door 10 mins ago and connected the last wire to the pleasant shine of screen and temp. Started my cuts for lights and wiring yesterday. Started sealing the interior today. Only a few days left at this point.

Always onwards and upwards
Attimus.

I Wonder what will be next to build?

Brooder????

Brooder????

Tree house

And then attimus cave!!!!!
funny all three of those things have been on my mind. I can build a brooder under the space of this one. The tree house is inevitable with the kids and my knack for constructing anything I can and a "cave" would be considerably more like a stand alone workshop. I remember when I lived up north in arcata, I wouldn't get home until 2 or 3 from work, even later on weekends. All the roommates would be asleep so I'd drag a speaker into the garage and work on canvases until 7 or 8am, was thinking recently I need a tinker shop for when I can't sleep. Currently it's the porch and I'm gonna have a hard time running power tools at 3am.

Cooking for my bosses baby shower tomorrow. Easy kid stuff. Mac and cheese from their folks, bread and spinach dip from the sister. I'm putting together some big platters, cheese and crackers, fruit, veggies, also making homemade meat balls and serving our restrauants classic ribs, along with pigs in a blanket for the kids. Several special sauces, sweet Dijon thyme mustard, garlic ranch dip. Roasted garlic marinara, A1 aoili and our signature sweet BBQ sauce. I'm finishing up some jalapeño Gouda bread for it now.

And whipped up a batch of pizza dough for the family to put together if I'm stuck at work over the weekend.

These had a bit to much first rise time and are now in the freezer to halt the process until use.
I'm also planning on doing a caprese salad for the party, tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil and some basic Italian dressing. I'm a big fan of cucumber in this if I'm making a big bowl but the pregnant woman in charge doesn't care for them so out they go. Gonna be a long few days to get to the weekend. I'll make it all count. Finish up the incubator over my weekend and determine where I'm at with other projects. I'll try and remember to get some pictures of the plating tomorrow, wish me luck.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Last edited:
It is malposition. It may need an air hole put in where it is eternally pipped... so it doesn't drown. Keep us posted on this.

relaying the message, it should be alright, as long as it's chirping and moving a bit, basically pipped and zipped at the same time.

Yesterday was a long day! As time went by no more chirping
1f630.png
I let it sit for hours but my mind got the best of me. I have Assisted hatched before but this was the most challenging yet! It was so week all it was faintly breathing. I started chipping away . Finally it came out. Only to have the yolk sac still attached . Not sure if I did this right..... I put dry paper towels after hatch and removed some water. I was afraid it would suffocate with the humidity. It was not looking good! My husband and I decided to let it be... I woke up to a chirping chick with dried up sac . I had to cut it at a safe spot but it still has a little blood on it. Will it fall off? I'm already afraid the other 5 won't accept it. Especally with a bit of blood on cord. I'm going to leave it in the bator for the day. Let it get stronger
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f423.png
any suggestions about the cord? Should I cover it? I'll take pics of each one today. This is a great thread like I have said a million times! Good job Attimus !! Your grandpa would be proud!

Back
Top Bottom