my very own micro farm

Pics
The cord should dry up. Keep that baby warm and dry and see what happens. It may be week for a couple of days. Good luck.

thanks Linda, this is all foreign territory to me, I let the hens do all the work last year.

Hope he pulls through Angie, sounds like your doing the right things. Can't wait to see the pics.

Attimus

The chick made it
1f389.png
1f423.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png
I gave it sugar water and it seems to be a little behind others and much smaller. Even though it came out of a big egg! Thank you Linda and Attimus ! Here's a few pictures.
this one is a spit fire! Keep finding it out of the hamper roosting or flying out. Wildest one I have ever hatched!! I'm trying to hold it as much as possible . We all are !! It's teaching the others . Oh look exactly what I was just talking about

the one with the white comb is the one who zipped on the wrong side.

I want to say I've hatched eggs about 6 times from the incubator and had 5 broody hens last year. I always get black chicks! The dad was a CM I used EE eggs anything fertile . Some of the hens are very light. The chick that's burgundy is from a beautiful EE that lays a great green egg. Thank everyone for your help! Everytime I look at this thread I get hungry ! My husband cooks and cleans but he can't cook like that! If anyone ever goes to Sun Valley/Ketchum Idaho go to my brothers restaurant . He just won business of the year . It's called Power House. It's all natural meat ect...the other side of his restaurant he sells expensive bicycles . Sounds strange but they do have the same kind of restraunts in Europe. That's where he got the idea . Attimus you and him would love to chAt !! He has specials that look like yours and a great guy! He did a Capri last year with some peach in it . So good! Or Christians is another one my cousin has worked for 20 plus years. They actually have a few cook books. Anyways all the yummy food made me think about my brother.

Oh once again this one is going to be trouble

Last edited:

The chick made it
1f389.png
1f423.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png
I gave it sugar water and it seems to be a little behind others and much smaller. Even though it came out of a big egg! Thank you Linda and Attimus ! Here's a few pictures.
this one is a spit fire! Keep finding it out of the hamper roosting or flying out. Wildest one I have ever hatched!! I'm trying to hold it as much as possible . We all are !! It's teaching the others . Oh look exactly what I was just talking about

the one with the white comb is the one who zipped on the wrong side.

I want to say I've hatched eggs about 6 times from the incubator and had 5 broody hens last year. I always get black chicks! The dad was a CM I used EE eggs anything fertile . Some of the hens are very light. The chick that's burgundy is from a beautiful EE that lays a great green egg. Thank everyone for your help! Everytime I look at this thread I get hungry ! My husband cooks and cleans but he can't cook like that! If anyone ever goes to Sun Valley/Ketchum Idaho go to my brothers restaurant . He just won business of the year . It's called Power House. It's all natural meat ect...the other side of his restaurant he sells expensive bicycles . Sounds strange but they do have the same kind of restraunts in Europe. That's where he got the idea . Attimus you and him would love to chAt !! He has specials that look like yours and a great guy! He did a Capri last year with some peach in it . So good! Or Christians is another one my cousin has worked for 20 plus years. They actually have a few cook books. Anyways all the yummy food made me think about my brother.

Oh once again this one is going to be trouble

Yay!!!!!!!! Good job! Beautiful babies! I got my quail eggs yesterday. I will set today at 4 o clock.

Attimus would know. This is the first time I have seen a quail egg. So tiny. I'm trying to hatch them for my sister.
Is it as small as this one? I thought it was dirty but it's spots from the bloom. So tiny I can't imagine a chick coming out. However I love incubating bantams ! So cute! Keep us posted

Last edited:
Long weekend of work. All done. I'll get to the incubator tomorrow or something I'm burnt.
Here's this crazy fruit platter I did from yesterday.

And the meatballs, this is just before going in the oven.

Half this tray was gone by the time I came back with that fruit platter. Guess everyone liked them. Pigs in a blanket are classic kid faire and always go over well. Caprese' salad was a hit and all the side sauces gained praise. Over all everything went well and my boss was happy he wasn't the one who had to do it. :)

Some early pictures just before I headed out yesterday morning.

Brunch was slow and didn't bother me in the least, got home with enough time to feed the chickens some afternoon snacks.
Really got to work on my roos spurs, Roscoe specifically is doing a number on some of the girls and I'm still working his down. Just checked Apollo today too and his are crazy long but isn't doing the same damage to the single hen in his pen. I wonder if it's how they turn up a bit, anyways gonna start on those too, same with the younger kelso cockerals. Might as well get it out of the way if I'm doing it.

Spread other layer of green onion cuttings in the box, getting pretty thick I need to cover it with some dirt. I do think I see I few starts popping up from the first layer so it should work.
I need to eat now then sleep for a day.
Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Attimus would know. This is the first time I have seen a quail egg. So tiny. I'm trying to hatch them for my sister.

Ya they put it on sushi.

OK ok. Here's some more of the incubator.

Here's my jumble of electrical, I wanted to piece it together before I mounted everything. The numbered cables correspond to the ports for easy rewiring after the install.

Mounting the ceramic outlets, I'll give these at least one more once over with the silicone.

Everything starting to line up.

covering the outlets and wires.

Thermostat mounted

Turner installed.

Other news.
Got another box in the garden refinished and started filling it.
I have someone lined up for 2 dozen eggs every week. Confirmed. The hens are getting close to paying for their own feed with the randoms in-between.
Serving grilled duck breast this weekend at work, not sure about salad sauces or starches yet but it's downstairs so it's happening.
Got a buddy coming over in the next week or so who owns a tree service company to cut down a crazy slanted oak in the front yard.
I bought a bunch of heavy cream on sale
To make butter with, should go all right as long as I remember to plastic wrap the mixer when I start it up.
Also have some better tools for the mayo adventure. Squirt bottle that I'll mark of cup portions on and a good comfy wisk to give it another go.
Drained the duck pond when I went to work, and filling it now. Easy on the rest of the fuacets when we are asleep.
Was wondering where all their eggs where.

Had a feeling they were in the bottom of the brink. I certainly don't have time for it in the middle of the night. Gonna give e some fresh water and deal with the ridiculous amount of eggs in the morning, 30+ I think.
Pretty sure that's about it. I feel like there's more or there should be.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom